Forum Replies Created

Page 148 of 413
  • John Pale

    September 6, 2011 at 1:38 am in reply to: Conversion problems

    Chris turned everything to best in his frame grabs. This will make the transcode take a very long time and is likely unnecessary. Leave Deinterlace set to Fast unless you are changing interlaced to progressive. Set Rate Conversion to Fast unless you are changing the frame rate. You can leave the resize set to Best.

  • John Pale

    September 5, 2011 at 9:34 pm in reply to: How to transfer clips to another user for editing?

    Look up “Consolidate” in your Media Composer help.

  • John Pale

    September 5, 2011 at 6:09 pm in reply to: Final Cut Pro 4.5 H.264 question

    No version of FCP can work well with H264 except FCPX.
    if you were on a newer version I would recommend transcoding to ProRes 422, however that will not be available in your version. I would work in uncompressed 8 bit or DV50, if your storage is limited.

  • Did you download and install the latest XDCAM plugin for AMA?

    Its not included. You have to download it from Avid.

  • It does cause issues. The files encoded with the newer codec don’t play properly on older systems and older files don’t play correctly on newer systems. I would try the newer codecs on the older systems as the fewer files circulating using outdated codecs the better.

  • John Pale

    September 1, 2011 at 8:54 pm in reply to: AJA VTR or FCP with XDCAM HD422

    You can’t really use it as a capture codec. As stated by Rafael you need to record to Sony XDCAM hardware or other hardware made to do the job.

  • I did the trial after FCPX came out and found PPro worked poorly with my early generation MacPro and BMD Decklink Studio card. Tried lots of troubleshooting, and thought I had the problems licked on several occasions, but never got it to work reliably. The trial expired and so did my patience.

  • John Pale

    August 20, 2011 at 7:54 pm in reply to: DVCProHD vs. ProRes Proxy Aspect Ratio

    Close QuickTime player and stop overthinking this or you will make huge mistakes that will be difficult to fix.

    Your computer is fast enough to edit all flavors of DVCPRO including DVCPRO HD. Hell, an old G4 could do it.

    By the way…you need to figure out what you are editing.

    DVCPRO is SD and 25mb/s
    DVCPRO 50 is also SD and is 50mb/s
    DVCPRO HD is 100mb/s

    There is no DVCPRO 50 HD

  • John Pale

    August 19, 2011 at 3:38 am in reply to: Batch Increase Volume Of Source Clips?

    Or Batch Process the source files in Compressor. You will end up with duplicate files (but louder). Then reconnect to the processed files.

  • Thats a really cool feature. I may have to reassess my Avid comment.

    I still say for responsiveness and intelligibility, Avid is still better (at least on hardware that I have used)

Page 148 of 413

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy