Forum Replies Created

Page 315 of 374
  • When you double-click and locate them is the “Sequence” check box selected? If it is uncheck that and try importing.

    Otherwise, I would move everything, folders, pictures, project to hard-drive and reopen from there. Usually AE will find everything if it’s all in the same folder.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 24, 2012 at 1:13 pm in reply to: Few basic questions

    The fastest way to create those transitions, pay 29.99 and get the Bad TV plugin from AEScripts.

    But if you prefer to work it out yourself, I made a quick project showing a few techniques that might help you out. 3575_battlefieldtext.aep.zip

    Create your text and add:

    Transition > Block Dissolve. Set the block with set to 1000 to generate the lines and animation the transition value from 100% to 0.

    Color Correcttion > Set Channel. Duplicate the layer 3 times and set each instance to a different color channel(RGB), then set the tranfer modes of each layer to Add.

    Created some hold keyframes and just moved the postion around real quick over 4 frames and add some masks that subtracted different parts of the layer.

    Finally I added an adjustment layer to the entire thing and used Turbulent Displace, changed my displacement to “Horizontal Displace” and used a high amount and size.

    Good luck with your project.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2012 at 11:54 pm in reply to: After Effects Color Picker

    I’ve been using AE for 11 years and actually did the same thing with the color picker on Friday…and it took me an hour to figure out what I did.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2012 at 9:11 pm in reply to: Losing sharpens with Pre-Comps in main Compostions

    Let’s say you created a precomp with some shapes, and it has an adjustment layer that inverted the color of the shapes. If you had continous rasterization turned on, that adjustment layer would affect all the layers below your precomped layer in your main comp.

    That’s just one example of when you wouldn’t want to turn it on, there are many more.

    I agree it would be nice if when you used vector shapes, you didn’t have to worry about them again, but it’s just not the way AE is built.

    Glad I could help you out today.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2012 at 8:09 pm in reply to: How i split movie to 10 monitor ? Anyone have idea ?

    Are you splitting this into 10 monitors for a staging company that will be displaying the video? I have had to do that before and the first step is to call the staging company and ask them “What do you need me to deliver”?

    ETA: What Dave said…

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2012 at 8:04 pm in reply to: Losing sharpens with Pre-Comps in main Compostions

    Are you scaling it up to fit the new comp, cause that would be the problem right there if you have any bitmapped images.

    If your images are vectors, like text, shapes and such, press the “continous rasterization” switch. It’s the one that looks like a little sun. Example here

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2012 at 5:41 pm in reply to: how do you get live bezier lines to look smooth?

    Have you tried using the “Smoother”? It’s under the Window tab, once you have the smoother window open, select all your keyframes and hit apply.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2012 at 5:29 pm in reply to: shatter effect

    There are some tutorials on the cow that might help you out understanding shatter, this first one is quite old, but will help you grasp the basics:

    https://library.creativecow.net/articles/unguren_ben/shatter.php

    As to your question, shatter defaults with the force(the thing that makes the layer explode-it’s like a wrecking ball) right in the middle of your layer. To unexplode your layer you need to move that force either forward or backward, off the layer.

    Using the pulldown and changing it to wireframe + forces will help you see what’s going on.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm in reply to: Remove a zoom from raw footage

    If it’s not a lot of zoom, you could counter it by scaling the video up as the camera zooms out. If it’s a lot of zoom, most likely you will start to lose resolution proportionally as you scale the shot up.

    You could try using Mocha or AE motion tracker to track the shot, but if you are new to AE, you are going to want to check out some tutorials first on how to use both of those tools.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2012 at 8:36 pm in reply to: Change composition setting???

    Andrew Kramer made a preset and tutorial that might be helpful.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 315 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy