Forum Replies Created

Page 316 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2012 at 6:46 pm in reply to: Alpha Channel from Black

    Glad I could eventually help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2012 at 1:37 am in reply to: Alpha Channel from Black

    Gotcha, wasn’t sure from the original question. Without seeing the project, I would guess that you have a solid with a lens flare effect on it. Try using Unmult from Red Giant. It’s a free plugin that will knocks black out of layer.

    Sometimes after using unmult you might want to add a levels effect, change the pulldown to Alpha and add change the imput whites and blacks to strengthen the alpha.
    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 20, 2012 at 1:00 am in reply to: Alpha Channel from Black

    If I’m reading what you are saying right, the comp doesn’t have a background, you just need to know how to render out a file for Avid with an alpha channel? If that’s the case then it’s pretty straight forward, just select your comp and add it to the render queue(shift + cntl + /). Choose the correct render settings(“DV” for an avid stardard def project, “Best” for HD). Probably easiest would be to use Quicktime Animation and under channels choose “RGB + Alpa” and change the color to “Straight”

    Personally, I use the Avid Codecs for Quicktime. You have to change a couple of settings in the Output Module > Format Options, but when it gets to the Avid it doesn’t have to transcode the footage so it’s pratically an instaneous import.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 19, 2012 at 11:21 pm in reply to: simulate LED signage

    Try CC Ball Action, play around with ball size and grid spacing.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 19, 2012 at 1:57 pm in reply to: file size problem

    Two 60 seconds animations can have massively different sizes, it depends on the complexity of what you are compressing.

    I would make lossless QT_Animation files and take them into Media Encoder and start with a H.264 preset and customize if for your needs. When you use H.264 in the export settings, it has an “estimated file size”. You can adjust the target and maximun bit rates to try and get your file to fit your requirements.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm in reply to: Dancing people

    Another option is Digital Juice, you can buy entire sets of people dancing for a pretty decent price.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 18, 2012 at 3:00 pm in reply to: Importing Text from PScs5.1 to AEcs5.5 duration problem

    Couple of things you can do. First thing I would check are your Import Settings, under the Edit tab, > Preferences > Import. Make sure that the setting isn’t set to 0:00:00:01. I prefer to set mine to ‘Length of Compostion’ but if for some reason you need them to be set to 30 seconds you can do it here.

    Also, in your composition, you could select the layer of your 1 frame footage still, move the Current Time Indicator(CTI) 30 seconds forward and press “alt = ]”, that will extend the end point 30 seconds. Pressing “alt + [” will move the in point to the CTI position.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 18, 2012 at 2:38 pm in reply to: Dancing people

    Check out this tutorial on Red Giant, might give you some more ideas: https://www.redgiantsoftware.com/videos/redgianttv/item/26/

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 17, 2012 at 4:54 pm in reply to: Importing rule of thumb?

    You and I should add that link to our signatures, would save time.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 17, 2012 at 3:15 pm in reply to: Text type on effect with blinking insertion bar

    You can try the Underscore preset in the text animations or

    Re: Computer type write effect
    by gimmel on Feb 1, 2007 at 9:24:27 am

    Put the following code into the Sourcetext expression. Use a slider to animate n.
    Isn’t that easy?

    n=8;
    showtext=text.sourceText.substr(0,n)+”_”;

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 316 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy