Forum Replies Created

Page 216 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    February 12, 2013 at 6:10 pm in reply to: Importing data for a timelapse

    I just want to make sure, the timecode effect doesn’t read the timecode of your jpeg sequence?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 12, 2013 at 5:54 pm in reply to: Adjustment Layer “Stopper”??

    None that I know-I think the best method is the one you mentioned. Precompose the layers you need to adjust.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 12, 2013 at 4:31 pm in reply to: After effects – file render for multiple users

    Using animation with an alpha channel should cover your bases(It works on both PC/Mac)-any editor worth his salt will be able to take your 1080 and be able to use it in his edit system. Only if you were going overseas with your animation might you have issues. You can ask for individual specs, but in doing so you should tell the houses that your animation does have an alpha channel, so that they don’t ask for a codec that doesn’t support alpha.

    Lastly, make sure you label the file/disk with all the pertinent information, Video Size, Codec and Frame Rate, Total Run Time. When it comes to delivering stuff to others, hope that you are dealing with people who are competent but try to make it as idiot proof as possible just in case.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 11, 2013 at 9:33 pm in reply to: Black edges on white 3D Letters

    You need to open up the geometry options and choose a bevel style. Select black from your stroke color to and the bevel will use that color. A thin bevel should get you the look you are after. Here’s a quick example project I made to demonstrate the technique: 5428_blackstrokewhitetext.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 11, 2013 at 7:46 pm in reply to: Text edges look jittery after enabling 3D layer

    That picture is pretty small, but it looks like you are using Ray-traced 3D with a low Ray-tracing Quality setting. If you don’t need ray-tracing I would suggest you press “Cntl+K” and use the advance tab and change the render engine to “Classic 3D”.

    If you do need Ray-tracing to get better quality you need to access the options(it’s the pulldown with a lighting bolt in the comp window)and go to Renderer options and increase the Rays. This will cause a hit to render each frame though. I generally work in draft and if I need to check the work,will increase the Ray tracing, and then go back to draft quality and continue working.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm in reply to: After Effects crash – ‘out of memory’

    It’s a pretty good book overall. I have a copy and it greatly expanded my knowledge of expressions from just pick-whipping to actually creating them for pretty simple but helpful tasks and automation.

    A few times with that book I’ve discovered that syntax has changed and that will cause errors, though I’ve never had anything like that happen. Though I did work my way through that book using CS5.

    I’ll be checking out the expressions forum, cause now I’m totally curious as to the cause of this issue too.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 11, 2013 at 5:09 pm in reply to: After Effects crash – ‘out of memory’

    My computer crashes the minute I try to open the file. And i know my memory settings are ok.

    Stangely, if enter the expression in a CS5 version of AE, it works completely as intended. I’m using CS6 on a Windows 7 machine when it crashes, same as Guy. Vishesh when you made the file, what computer/version of AE were you using?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 11, 2013 at 4:48 pm in reply to: After Effects crash – ‘out of memory’

    What book did you get this from and what exactly is the expression trying to accomplish? I just copied your expression and got the same error.

    You might want to post this in the expressions forum, there might be something in going from degrees to position(though I’m not sure what?) that is messing up AE. The guys over there are really experienced in the nuances of expressions within AE(and little changes and updates) and might be able to figure this out pretty quickly.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 11, 2013 at 2:19 pm in reply to: Windows or Mac for using AE………..

    There’s no doubt the HP 820 is a good computer, another alternative is building one yourself or using a company like Puget Systems to build one for you. I ending up building nearly an identical system to an 820(with more flexibility), but for about 25% less through Puget.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 10, 2013 at 3:22 pm in reply to: Can’t modify gradient [ and can’t apply loopOut() ]

    You change the rotation of your gradient by editing the Start and End points within “Gradient Fill 1”.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 216 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy