Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › Black edges on white 3D Letters

  • John Cuevas

    February 11, 2013 at 9:33 pm

    You need to open up the geometry options and choose a bevel style. Select black from your stroke color to and the bevel will use that color. A thin bevel should get you the look you are after. Here’s a quick example project I made to demonstrate the technique: 5428_blackstrokewhitetext.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Todd Kopriva

    February 11, 2013 at 9:58 pm

    I show how about 3/4 of the way through this video:
    https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/material-options-1

    ———————————————————————————————————
    Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
    After Effects quality engineering
    After Effects team blog
    ———————————————————————————————————

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy