Forum Replies Created

Page 215 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    February 15, 2013 at 4:23 pm in reply to: Nice video – thoughts on how to replicate style?

    Actually looks like quite a bit of that was done in AE. Take a look at this tutorial for a little help: Discover How To Recreate the Sherlock Holmes End Credits Effect

    Looking at that though, there are dozens and dozens of different techniques there to create that spot…and I’m guessing hours and hours of work, I’m looking at that and thinking 30-40 hours minimum.

    If you want to discuss this more, perhaps you may need multiple threads and ask about certain effects/techniques in that spot(with the time of the effect) and people can give you feedback on different approaches for each one.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 15, 2013 at 3:04 am in reply to: CC ball action scatter

    No, you could probably achieve that with Trapcode Form.. You can download a free trial and Red Giant has a ton of tutorials you can check out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2013 at 6:36 pm in reply to: How do I create these effects?

    Glad to help…check out those links and if you find you have specific questions in regards to creating those looks, come back and ask and we’ll try to help you work it out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2013 at 5:14 pm in reply to: How do I create these effects?

    For the tic tacs check out this thread on Radial Lines

    For the circles you could use shape layers or the circle effect.

    For shape layers, check out the chapters on them in After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2013 at 1:06 pm in reply to: Window / eagle composite

    The shot outside is pretty blue, due to atmospheric haze, I would suggest some color correction. Right now that bird is living in a completely different color space than the rest of that outside world, a light blue wash would probably help a lot.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2013 at 12:40 pm in reply to: Importing data for a timelapse

    Always happy to help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm in reply to: Illustrator trasform effect in After Effects

    Glad I was able to help

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 13, 2013 at 12:56 pm in reply to: PIP, Scaling Question

    Glad I could help. Is the problem that you want to have a “sequence”—-a bunch of shots scale down together and it’s not syncing?

    If that’s the case, what you want to do is create a new composition and call it “Seq”. Lay out your video sequence in this composition. Now create a new comp and call it “Final” and take “Seq” and drop it into the the “Final”. Now add a mask, and animate the position and scale like I did.

    If you have more specific questions ask.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 13, 2013 at 1:57 am in reply to: PIP, Scaling Question

    Based on your picture and description it sounds like you want some video that is masked and the mask gets smaller. You can do that by using masks, but it’s often simpler to use a solid that is masked and use that as a track matte for your video layer.

    I made an example project with two different versions of this effect. One with the mask shrinking, the second with the video layer shrinking. 5440_scaleexamplefolder.zip

    From your question though I’m guessing you have just started using AE. To put it mildly, this program will beat you up if you don’t learn the fundamentals. Check out this link, do the beginning tours and then I would strongly suggest you do the VideoCoPilot Basic training that you will find on the page.

    Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, & CS6)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 12, 2013 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Importing data for a timelapse

    Unless I’m misunderstanding the question, you would copy it to your support/script file. When you launch AE you go to File > Scripts > and choose the appropriate script.

    Perhaps you have a more specific question in regards to the scripts in that thread, if so I would suggest you ask in the Expressions forum as they have a much better understanding of java and coding then I do.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 215 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy