Forum Replies Created

Page 144 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    October 29, 2013 at 2:09 am in reply to: Camera Layer Question

    Yes

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 28, 2013 at 4:48 pm in reply to: How to make huge stroked path?

    It seems you could create this curved stroke/timeline in illustrator, save it as an AI file, bring it into AE, turn on continuous rasterization and zoom and pan however you wanted.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Youtube is going to convert and compress your video, so you should expect some loss of quality. One thing you could do export an uncompressed AVI or QT and upload that(it will be a huge file), or bring that file into Media Encoder and use one of the youtube presets—I find that my videos encoded to Youtube specs seem to stay at a higher quality if there is less conversion to be done by them.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 28, 2013 at 1:55 pm in reply to: new system build advice

    When using the CC version and importing C4D projects are you using the standard render engine or the ray tracing engine. I ask cause a faster/better GPU when working inside C4D has an effect, but most of the processing is done with CPU. Just curious for the system build priority list.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 27, 2013 at 1:10 pm in reply to: I want to make this graphic – but how?

    I’m going to assume you are fairly new to AE so I’m going to suggest you a few places for you to start learning. For the lower third, you can create that with some shape layers, animated masks, and animating opacity and for the text using a layer to mask it off and animating position.

    Take a look at these tutorials and if you have some specific questions about that lower third, let me know and we can work it out: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)—this is an all encompassing link to help beginners with AE. Check out point 4—with links to 2 free training series. The one at VideoCoPilot is quick and will probably cover most of the techniques to create that lower third(it doesn’t cover shape layers, but you could do the same with solids and masks). Andrew Devis’ series goes into much more depth, but is a lot longer.

    Also here’s a free tutorial on creating lower thirds that I think will cover 90% of what would be needed to create your the lower third in that video. Design Your Own Broadcast Lower Thirds

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 27, 2013 at 12:48 pm in reply to: Will I be able to open AE on a new computer?

    If you’ve installed AE on more than 2 computers, you will need to deactivate it on at least one and you will need to install it on the new computer. Just moving the folders won’t work.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 27, 2013 at 2:38 am in reply to: I want to make this graphic – but how?

    Can you be more precise about what is happening at 9 seconds that you are trying to accomplish. I see the 3D text with a reflective texture—not sure what else is happening there. Thanks

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 26, 2013 at 8:38 pm in reply to: Mask in pre compose leyer

    I gather English probably isn’t your first language, so you are going to need to try and explain that a little better, it doesn’t really make much sense.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 26, 2013 at 8:37 pm in reply to: I want to make this graphic – but how?

    Check out this tutorial for AE6 on creating 3D text/textures. It also has some free texture presets, so it should get you pretty close to creating what you need. If you have an earlier version of AE there are other ways of achieving that look also, but not they are a bit trickier.

    free 3D material options project and tutorials for After Effects CS6

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 25, 2013 at 1:10 am in reply to: Extending studio background

    If your subject stays centered, I’d probably duplicate the layer twice and offset one left and one right. Then mask the clean wall layers and just add some feather to blend it. Depending on the mask and amount of wall you have you may need to create multiple duplicates.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 144 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy