Forum Replies Created

Page 143 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    October 30, 2013 at 2:37 pm in reply to: Cue mark

    Here’s a short tutorial from VideoCoPilot on creating an old film look—basically it’s about choosing the right screen modes. For a cue mark, you would want to create one, make it so it pops up in the old film damage loop and overlay it on to your footage.

    https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/old_film_look/

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 30, 2013 at 11:42 am in reply to: Moving the whole timeline

    You precomp the entire timeline, then just use “shift+cntl+d” to split your layers, cut out/delete what you don’t need.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 30, 2013 at 11:13 am in reply to: Torn “Horror” Text

    Didn’t think you were stealing my thunder, while I was busy looking for that old thread, you just went and created the look. The more answers/more approaches and more techniques, everyone wins.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 30, 2013 at 4:00 am in reply to: Edit value of keyframe (audio levels)

    Open the audio panel, move the current time indicator to the keyframe and move the slider on the panel to edit the audio. Honestly, I’d hadn’t tried to use the right click method before for audio—surprised it doesn’t work.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 30, 2013 at 1:55 am in reply to: Torn “Horror” Text

    I used a similar method a few years ago in replying in this thread(project file included in thread): https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/1012235

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 29, 2013 at 10:39 pm in reply to: Torn “Horror” Text

    For a few bucks you could buy the BadTV or Distortion scripts.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 29, 2013 at 6:31 pm in reply to: Dual display problem

    did you try creating a dual monitor workspace and saving it?

    Otherwise, what kind of computer, GPU, OS are you using—I’m not a computer guru, but some of the guys at the Cow might be able to diagnose the problem based on the machine specs.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 29, 2013 at 6:12 pm in reply to: Animating text

    This is one of those effects that can be done with multiple approaches, but here’s one. I’ll assume you know how to create and animate the line. Create your text on two layers, one for above the line and one for below. Make the animated line the top layer of your composition.

    Next create a solid(cntl + Y), place it above the top layer of text. Using the mask tool, cut the solid layer in half at the animated line. Now for the top layer of text change it’s track matte to “Alpha Matte”. Now just animate the position keyframes of the top layer of text.

    Duplicate the solid, change the bottom text track matte to “Alpha Matte Inverted” and animate it’s position keyframes.

    Here’s a sample project illustrating this technique: 6693_textanimation.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 29, 2013 at 3:04 pm in reply to: Dual display problem

    I’m not sure why you need to redrag things—usually AE opens the way I closed it, but when you get your windows/panels setup the way you like, go the Workspace pulldown and create a “New Workspace”. If it reverts back to something else, choosing your Dual Monitor workspace will put it back(does for me)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 29, 2013 at 11:38 am in reply to: Red claw slash effect across a title screen

    First how/what are you going to use for the claw as it goes across the screen. If I were doing it, I’d try to shoot it over a green screen and key it out.

    For the rips,add a solid over your title. Use masks to create the rips, what will be cut out, then add the roughen edges effect. Finally use a linear wipe transition to animate the rips on(or you could animate the masks paths). Now change the title Mode of the solid to “Silhouette Alpha” and it will cause your title to be ripped away.

    For blood, I’d probably look for some ink drips and composite them over your title.

    Here’s a simple project illustrating the ripping technique. 6690_rippedtitle.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 143 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy