Forum Replies Created

Page 142 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    November 1, 2013 at 2:43 pm in reply to: After Effects and DNxHD bit rates?

    DNxHD has large files(not like uncompressed AVI or Animation QT). If you are working in Avid though, it’s really the way to go. If you are set up correctly you will get Fast Imports(no transcoding) and it looks great. 220 is one of the higher rates of DNxHD, and as our workflow developed with DNxHD, we’ve never used it. Mostly it’s just a space issue vs the increased quality doesn’t seem worth it.

    Perhaps if we were doing film work, we might want that 10bit, but if at our house we just stick to the lower quality 8bit modes and they seem to work just fine. You might want to do a couple of tests.

    I don’t see any flaws in your workflow.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 1, 2013 at 1:08 pm in reply to: Rotate various object at random times

    Best bet is to ask in the Expressions Forum.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I can’t tell you why it’s working like that, but I would just move the camera back to the start of the comp, and then any keyframes you created the appropriate amount of distance to the right.

    Hopefully Kopriva can come in here and inform us the technical reasons why this happens.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 1, 2013 at 11:47 am in reply to: CC opinion: which promo graphic should I use?

    I like the 2nd one, I think the angle catches the eye a little more. I wouldn’t fade in the “New” or the text though, I would have it be part of the wipe on of the background.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 1, 2013 at 11:43 am in reply to: Transition Effect

    It would take a combination of effects to do everything they are doing there. Noise/displacement maps/masking, maybe even screening some actual noise over the video.

    First check out the Bad TV presets, if you want to create something like that, see if they create the look you need. Also the noise effect generates noise. There are a couple of plugins also that can be used to create this effect. VideoCopilot Twitch and Bad TV scripts.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I’d wouldn’t bother trying to fix that in AE, I’d reshoot it and flag off the offending light source.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I think in both examples that was creating using a particle generator. For example in the first one the shoes are tracked, then a particle generator is tied to the result. Also you would need to create some kind of 3D camera tracker also to get the streaks to look like they are part of the scene.

    Here’s a couple of tutorials on Light Streaks. You should have enough to go on to either get a start with this now, find more tutorials, or ask more specific questions.

    Found another tutorial that might be helpful(camera tracking): Show A Motion Path With The StroMotion Effect—

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 31, 2013 at 12:59 am in reply to: Cue mark

    It’s a hole in the film, just make a black circle, maybe with a little dark red stroke and some roughen edges and place it over your footage for few frames.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=cue+mark+film&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=wKpxUvjWMMifyQHzwoHIAQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=920#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=28OkrtKm5HJIuM%3A%3BlB3AKt4HhMoP-M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.davegriffiths.info%252Fblog%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2009%252F02%252Fcue-dot-observatory-strip.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.davegriffiths.info%252Fblog%252Farchives%252F1166%3B597%3B157

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 31, 2013 at 12:54 am in reply to: Animating text

    I didn’t do anything. I made a line with just 2 points with the shape tool and gave it some thickness with stroke(11), then set the cap to “Round Cap”. That’s all.

    If you are still having issues with it, save your project, use the last icon in the reply dialogue and upload it to the cow and i”ll take a look.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    October 30, 2013 at 4:19 pm in reply to: Edit value of keyframe (audio levels)

    Ahhhh…I had the audio panel already open when I tested it, makes sense.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 142 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy