Forum Replies Created

Page 141 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    November 8, 2013 at 3:52 pm in reply to: Timer Count Down

    I haven’t seen those commercials, but is this something where you need something more involved than the Effect > Text > Numbers?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 8, 2013 at 3:01 pm in reply to: Keyframing hundreds of images

    This script might help you out: Randomizer. If you can, try to donate to those guys too.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 7, 2013 at 12:29 pm in reply to: A pastel drawn style effect to video?

    I think you are going to want to use Mocha/Shape Layers to do what you need to do.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 6, 2013 at 6:19 pm in reply to: Splitting layers

    The only way to apply an effect to every layer is by having every layer selected, so make sure you only one layer selected when you apply your effects. The slightly transparent portion of the layer is only indicating that actual layer is longer than your current in and out points. The transparent part doesn’t effect anything.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 6, 2013 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Is this done in Adobe After Effects?

    You can do that in AE. It’s hard to give you tips, as there are so many techniques used to create that 20 second spot. I did find a tutorial that might help you out. It’s not video, but a slide show of some of the techniques, it should get you started though. After Effects tutorial: Papercut animation techniques revealed

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 6, 2013 at 2:22 pm in reply to: Logo transition

    Glad it worked.

    I do that too, I have a folder of screen grabs, videos from youtube, notes of stuff I see places and think is cool.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 5, 2013 at 4:38 pm in reply to: 3D Cube and 3D text ?

    Here’s a link to using the basic 3D text-Ray Tracing abilities in AE CS6 and newer. 3D material options project and tutorials for After Effects CS6

    If you are looking to recreate something like in the picture though, you are going to need a dedicated 3D program like Cinema4D(which works with AE CC).

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 4, 2013 at 2:22 pm in reply to: Cool Effect. No idea how it’s done.

    This isn’t easy to do. At broadcast gems, they have an premade AE projects you can buy and adjust to do this effect, but it’s a massive render. CubeWipeFX. The nice thing about that version is that the video/pictures are textured to the sides of each cube.

    The Discovery Channel did a similar look a few years ago and Nick at GreyScaleGorrilla broke it down in a two part tutorial for Cinema4D. How to make the the Discovery Channel Rebrand Cube Transition Effect with Cinema 4D – Part 1(scroll down the page for part 2). His method wipes on the textures, they aren’t mapped to each side of the cube, but if your read the discussion people do come up with some techniques for doing that.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm in reply to: Logo transition

    I thought that was your graphics Steve?

    I would get an eps of the logo, open it in illustrator and copy the paths. Open up AE, create a solid and paste the cntl+V to paste the paths. I’d duplicate the layer and make one for strokes, and add a white stroke to that layer. For the fills, I’d make 2 layers, one for each part of the 7 and use the effect Transition > Linear wipe to reveal the 7.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 1, 2013 at 10:27 pm in reply to: is there no simple crop in After Effects?

    Select your layer and double click the rectangle mask tool. Now just drag around both left side vertices to select them and drag them to right to crop. You could also use the Effect > Transition > Linear Wipe to crop one side of a video.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 141 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy