Forum Replies Created

Page 133 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    December 12, 2013 at 5:31 pm in reply to: newbie — add time

    Select all the layers you need to move, move the CTI(current time indicator) 1 second forward from the first element, hold down shift and move them.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 12, 2013 at 2:40 pm in reply to: Scale Mask to distance between nulls

    You might try the https://forums.creativecow.net/adobe_after_effects_expressions“>Expression Forum, someone might have a way of working it out for you. The guys there are just incredible at figuring this stuff out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 11, 2013 at 8:25 pm in reply to: Masking with brush on Adjustment layer

    What you need to do is open both your comp window(this is your final rendered window) and your layer window(where you paint on the alpha channel) at the same time. When you double click your layer, grab it’s tab and move it so it’s adjacent to your “Comp” window. Now when you paint in the one window, you will see how it affects your final composition.

    I have a dual monitor, so I would one window full screen on one monitor(Layer–so I’m not constantly adjusting the view) and the other one as large as possible on the other side(Comp).

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 11, 2013 at 4:55 pm in reply to: Masking with brush on Adjustment layer

    No, you are correct you have to double click the layer to use the paint brush.

    I guess I don’t understand, don’t you need to see the video layer you double-clicked, to use as a guide. Then just in the paint brush dialogue you would change the “Channels” to “Alpha”. Or is there a bunch of composited above the video that needs to be avoided?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm in reply to: How to add particle world effect at the end?

    You could just split your solid, by pressing “shift+cntl+d” and start particle world that way. Or just keyframe the birth rate where you want it to start from 0 to whatever you need.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • You might try the Expression Forum, someone might have a way of working it out for you.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 11, 2013 at 12:24 pm in reply to: How to make colorful transitions?

    Free film burn

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I think you have to click “Cntl+A” to select all your layers, lock them, press F2 to deselect everything and unlock the one you want to use.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm in reply to: Word effects

    All the effects there look like they were achieved using default animation presets, perhaps timed so that one exits while another enters. For the basic presets, go to the Menu Bar > Animation > Browse Presets, then navigate to the preset folder and browse around, there are 100’s.

    For more detailed information on presets, check out the tutorials by Andrew Devis, he goes into great depth and so that you can create your own—and then you could make that look 100% After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis

    If I were creating my own, just going from the first video(It’s Probably Just the Things I do), that simply looks like a blur and character offset animated along the length of the word.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 8, 2013 at 1:39 pm in reply to: “Snow” Explodes When Text Lands

    You can with Trapcode Particular, though it’s not exactly shooting from the edge of a mask. For example in your text example, you would create a text layer with stroke only and precomp it. Turn the precomp into a 3D layer and then on your Particular layer change the emitter type to “Layer” and the “Layer Emitter” to your text precomp.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 133 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy