Forum Replies Created

Page 134 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    December 7, 2013 at 11:20 pm in reply to: What is this font?

    Not an especially distinctive font, looks like Helvetica Neue 75 Bold, not exactly, but really really close. Can’t you just contract the designer and ask?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 7, 2013 at 5:54 pm in reply to: Replace white lettering on a shirt?

    In the folder Production Elements > flat image folder, double click the missing image and point to your image, or just right click it and use the replace command.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 7, 2013 at 2:43 pm in reply to: Replace white lettering on a shirt?

    I tried using the extract method, and it works okay for the 1 frame —- I’m not sure if it will hold up for an entire clip. 6879_logoextract.aep.zip

    If it has to be totally realistic and a perfect match, I think you may need to go down the road of cloning/painting out the logo frame by frame.

    It is an acceptable convention to track matte a logo and blur it out, if you are truly desperate—just throwing that out there.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 7, 2013 at 1:37 pm in reply to: What is this font?

    Clicked your link and got – “Sorry, you don’t have permission for that!”

    You can upload files or pictures to the COW, use the icons in the reply dialogue.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 6, 2013 at 7:18 pm in reply to: Pulsing Light?

    I made a simple project illustrating the two techniques. Hope this helps get you started.

    6874_lightlayereffectfolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 6, 2013 at 7:10 pm in reply to: Pulsing Light?

    Creat a white solid, with a lot of feather and use a trasfer mode like “Add”….Then just keyframe the opacity(if you go to 100% it will be completely white).

    You can link the pulsing to the music if by selecting the audio layer and go to Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Convert Audio to Keyframes. This will creaet a null, with keyframes based on the audio volume. Now on the white solid open “Opacity” and “alt click” the stop watch and pick whip to keyframes. That will give a 1 to 1 ratio for the opacity and volume, which won’t do much. One solution would be to click the “Both Channels” slider, open the graph tool, see what your highest level is..and do some rough math to figure out what you would need to multiply it up to say 90. Then just add a multiplier to your pick whip expression like this: thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider")*1.5;

    Or you could use the ease expression to select the mix/max values of the audio and covert them into a ratio for our opacity. In the following expression, I converted the audio to keyframes and applied this expression to opacity of my solid. What it does is when the audio hits 30 to 40 and above, it ramps up the opacity from 0 to 90. So anything below 30 will be turned off, and everything 40 and above will be 90%. You should be able to just take this expression, add it to the opacity of your “light layer” and just need to adjust the mix and max levels.

    myAudio = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider");
    myAudioMax = 40;
    myAudioMin = 30;
    opacityMin = 0;
    opacityMax = 90;
    ease(myAudio, myAudioMin, myAudioMax, opacityMin, opacityMax)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 6, 2013 at 6:36 pm in reply to: Boom Removal issues

    (3) scale/re-position past it.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 6, 2013 at 5:39 pm in reply to: Masking with brush on Adjustment layer

    Is it possible for you to just make a duplicate of the layer you want to adjust, place that over the adjustment layer, and do the painting on it’s alpha channel—and use that as a trackmatte? Then you could see the areas you need affect.

    As for your idea, I’ve never tried it, so I’m not sure if you can bring in masks and adjustment layers from PS to AE via a psd.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 6, 2013 at 2:24 am in reply to: Replace white lettering on a shirt?

    One method you might try is using the effect Keying > Extract. If if you have a pretty good white it should be pretty easy to pull it out. Then you will probably need to do some tracking and cloning to put something else in there.

    If that doesn’t work, post a picture so we know what we are working with.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 5, 2013 at 11:28 pm in reply to: Masking with brush on Adjustment layer

    Not sure of your workflow, but one solution might be to create a solid, paint on the alpha channel of it, place that layer above your adjustment layer and change the adjustment layer track matte to alpha matter(or alpha inverted

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 134 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy