Jerry Hofmann
Forum Replies Created
-
Hey no worries, and you are always welcome… there just isn’t another way.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
https://www.macworld.com/article/155495/2010/11/mactech.html
Just might give you a different perspective…
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
https://www.macworld.com/article/155495/2010/11/mactech.html
Might give you another perspective on this.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
Try exporting a self contained movie of your program, then open it in Compressor for the MPEG compression.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
Jerry Hofmann
November 5, 2010 at 7:43 pm in reply to: error in timeline – infinite scrolling layersI’ve never seen this behavior… but guess it has something to do with your graphics system. probably the card or it’s drivers.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
If it plays OK in QT pro, seems to me you could export it from there as a self contained movie… or from FCP directly.
It sounds like the reference movie is ragged or just out of date with Episode. Screen grab wouldn’t be as good I’ll bet.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
The software won’t allow for this. Hey double click, adjust in viewer… it’s not that much of a chore… It’s the way it’s designed to be done.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
Well think back Jim… we NEVER know exactly what they are coming up with, and when those that do know what’s happening, they cannot talk about it directly. I’m about as close to Apple as it gets from the outside, and follow all the outside clues that are there in the public domain. And they are there…. Mr. Jobs has stated in the past week that the future of Pro Apps is a “hold on to your seats” situation…. that’s public. It’s also public that some time back this year Apple advertised for 2 UI designers for the Pro Apps team. These are not inexpensive emplyees. Recent iMovie is done now, and those employees are reported to be working now in Pro Apps.
Yeah, Mr Jobs is a master marketer, but he also doesn’t mislead as much as others do. He loves FCS and his passion for it is very strong. It’s part of the total thinking at Apple. Make it, compress it, deliver it to our machines through our iTunes… Apple computers are selling faster than anybodies too.
But for many years now, they have delivered solutions that work for the most part for all of us.. and they don’t give us much notice. It’s served their bottom line for a very long time, and is very unlikely to change. The opposite of this stance is RED’s marketing… LOL… and it backfires on them because they can’t see things in a crystal ball… How long have we been waiting on Scarlet?
You know as well as I do that all NLE advances get ecliped in time. The manufactures take turns leapfrogging the competition… (good for us!) So they know they need to tout 64 bit applications for their 64 bit computers, right?
Surely you can give some more time to this before you jump. You might just be kicking yourself if you don’t give Apple time to finish what’s happening next. (however late it seems coming – a year goes by pretty fast) I know I sound like a fanboy, because I’m the first to admit I am. But it’s only because they have delivered world class products, and I don’t see that changing down the line. They hire the smartest people in the business and they are well aware of what we all need to be able to do. Networking NLE’s is part of the over all picture here. Apple likes multiple tower sales…
The biggest clue out there to the future is the fact they’ve figured a way to edit h.264 natively on a 1 gHz iphone… Hint: it’s about Open CL. yeah, iMovie… They have the technology, they just have an NLE called FCP whose code is in need of a total rewrite. This doesn’t happen fast. After all, FCP was written on OS 8… It can’t address many of the OS X technologies in it’s current form. That’s why it’s taking longer than normal, that’s why FCS 2009 was a “half way” upgrade and at about 1/2 the price seems to me.
The grass isn’t always greener… Adobe is a great competitor, and I’m glad they are. They push Apple and Avid.
Jerry
-
That’s the problem… no matching timecode used in the shoot… otherwise he wouldn’t have had to sync them in the first place seems to me. But ya never know, maybe they did sync the TC, but don’t think this happened.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
It’s the file located at Mac HD/Library/preferences folder/ you’ll find it there. just drag it to the trash, and restart your apps! It get’s rebuilt to factory settings upon relaunch. Don’t empty the trash until you’ve found success so you could put it back if need be. Maybe put it on the desktop first? I’ve never seen a problem doing this however.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays