Forum Replies Created

Page 2842 of 2910
  • I’m not familiar with the projector, but are you sure the specs call for 1080p23.98? You sure it isn’t 720p23.98? My sony PVM 20L5/1 HD CRT displays 1080psf24, but it displays it as 1080i48 (doubles the lines). Maybe this projector does not handle 1080p24.

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 15, 2006 at 6:16 am in reply to: MacBook Pro OR Power Book for AE 6.5 ???

    Yeah, there will be costs associated with updating all of your apps, but we won’t know how well AE 6.5 will run on intel proccessored macs until we have them in hand. If I were you, I’d wait. As soon as you touch that 17″, it’s going to be far slower than the new MacBooks. I’d save your money, work on the G5 and sweat out these next couple of months with no laptop (unless it’s abosolutely crucial to have one right now). They will be crucial as companies such as Adobe can get up to speed with the whole Mactel infrastructure. Save some dough now so you can update your apps later.

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 15, 2006 at 6:03 am in reply to: reference video w/aja kona and uvw-1800

    Test.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 15, 2006 at 12:48 am in reply to: reference video w/aja kona and uvw-1800

    Don’t loop your reference back to the Kona. Put the black into the ref in of the 1800 and then flip the termination switch. Connect the ref in of the Kona to another output of the black burst and set the reference to ref in in the Kona control Panel. This should get rid of the roll. The roll only affects monitoring and the image will go down to tape successfully as you have witnessed.

    If you only have one output on your blackburst, then connect it to the 1800, flip the termination switch to on and disconnect any other BNC coming out of the ref loop. Set your Kona’s ref in to freerun. This should work as well.

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 14, 2006 at 11:33 pm in reply to: MacBook Pro OR Power Book for AE 6.5 ???

    You said you can afford to wait. I’d wait. You are passing up the opportunity of a dual processor laptop. Once photoshop and AE get written for intel processors, you’ll be in laptop bliss.

    If you can really hold out, I’d do it. I’m sure you’ll be happy with the results.

    If you can’t wait, the 17″ is an okay AE machine. Just be prepared to wait for render times. A dual G5 will suit AE much better. Check for refurbs/b-stock to get great deals.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 14, 2006 at 6:08 am in reply to: Deck Advice – Recommendations?

    [walter biscardi] “Or simply purchase a cheap FW 400 drive and simply export all of the stuff as Quicktime Movies in their native formats.”

    This is what you should do, as a matter of fact buy two and put your archives on both. If you don’t need a deck, why buy one? For the price of a higher end deck, you could buy a roomful of firewire drives, okay maybe a shelf full at least. If all of your stuff is Animation, don’t subject it to dv, you’ll be sorely disappointed. Why don’t you get all of your projects that you want to lay off together in a logical manner and hire in a digibeta deck for a day or two?

    If I were you, I wouldn’t buy a deck until you need it.

    Jeremy

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 14, 2006 at 5:52 am in reply to: Remote Work Flow

    [Wes Plate] “The other post about using XML isn’t bad, however round-tripping via XML is not entirely lossless.”

    What do you mean by that?

    The reason why we aren’t trading projects is that we are both working on the same project at the same time, my project is the “master” project as all of the finishing will be done there. My coworker is a busy guy, so he edits on a powerbook sometimes at home, or wherever he happens to be at the time. I didn’t want him to send me an entire project as his project has the same name, even if it had a different name it would mean every time that I open the project with a different name, it would create media folders in the FCP documents folder. Once he finishes a part of the sequence, he sends over the XML, I import it and reconnect the media. It’s been working like a charm. It’s much easier to keep track of sequences than to keep sending projects back and forth. It could get confusing really fast with different versions of projects, or projects of the same name. So, I chose to use the XML route. When you say it’s not lossless, I don’t get it. He has the exact same media I do, what am I losing?

    By the way Wes, the pro AE import kicks bootie. Got it all up and running today and my AE guy loves you for it.

    Jeremy

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 14, 2006 at 5:40 am in reply to: dropping frames all over the place…

    What kind of drives are you running?

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • is this 720 or 1080 material?

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 13, 2006 at 2:50 pm in reply to: FCP rescue site down

    Criminal, criminal I say!

    Thanks for catching that one, Shane.

    ———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
    ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
    OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3

Page 2842 of 2910

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy