Forum Replies Created

Page 200 of 315
  • Herb Sevush

    May 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm in reply to: Editing scenario

    [Oliver Peters] “More than likely the fix quietly ends up in the next scheduled update. On rare occasions, when an update really broke something, Apple has had a fix out in as little as one week.”

    Which makes the lack of a fix for the project bloat problem sound a bit more ominous.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    May 19, 2012 at 3:04 pm in reply to: FCP7 to Premeire 6

    [Lance Bachelder] “Always love the “I don’t trust Apple anymore excuse” as the Editor launches Premiere on his trusty ole Mac Pro lol.”

    You mean his new MBP or Imac, don’t you? It’s kinda of hard to fire up something that’s been EOL’d. That’s why it’s so nostalgic to fire up Legacy on my Mac Pro.

    “Everything dies baby that’s a fact
    But maybe everything that dies someday comes back…”

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Brian Mulligan] “I hear a CUT is a good transition. :)”

    Reminds me of the old film editors dictum “a dissolve is a cut looking for a place to happen.”

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    May 19, 2012 at 2:45 pm in reply to: Editing scenario

    [Steve Connor] “Just because Apple don’t reply on public forums doesn’t mean they aren’t listening or taking problems seriously. I’ve been contacted directly by Apple about an issue I posted on a forum as have others.”

    alright, as what has Apple told you about fixing product bloat? It might be interesting to the other thousands of editors that are concerned, which is why communicating publicly is better than communicating privately.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    May 19, 2012 at 2:43 pm in reply to: Editing scenario

    [Jeremy Garchow] ” As Oliver aptly said, there’s no free lunch.”

    I’m willing to bet dollars to donuts that Adobe will fix this bug in less than half the time it’s taken Apple to already not fix their bug. And Adobe’s customers will not be left in the dark about what’s going on. While their are no free lunches, Lou Malnati’s is worth the price, while Domino’s isn’t.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Craig Seeman] “Don’t confuse MacPro with Xeon based systems.”

    Mac Pro = large Ram (32-64 GB)
    PCIe 16 Lane slots
    Multiple / Selectable / Powerful GPU and CPU configurations.

    Doesn’t matter what it looks like or how they get there, if it can do the work I will consider it a Mac Pro.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    May 15, 2012 at 12:21 am in reply to: Editing scenario

    [Steve Connor] “In down and dirty editing what can’t you do in FCPX that is vital for “Professional” editing that you can do in other NLE’s”

    Unless I’m misinformed you can’t readily deal with production audio split over multiple channels and multiple sources.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Craig Seeman] “It sure does seem like a controlled leak (from Apple) for June WWDC.”

    Wait, I thought Apple never leaks anything? And no hint about a new Mac Pro. Can we say R.I P.?

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • Herb Sevush

    May 9, 2012 at 11:34 pm in reply to: CS6 is released – so what now?

    [Bill Davis] “Just Saturday, I produced a 12-camera four song music video shoot with a 5 piece jazz combo. I was already skimming the content, applying keywords, viewing scenes, and organizing assets within 10 minutes of wrap with nothing but a pair of MacBook Pros on set. Thanks to X, 48 hours later, the whole show is already in my event browser and I’m tagging my little heart out.”

    And I could’ve sworn that just last summer you were aghast at my hope for a 25 angle limitation for the FCPX multi-cam; you were hoping that 8 cameras would be the max for anything FCPX created for multicam. Something about how more than 8 camera’s might bloat the programs code, and now here you are cutting a 12 camera video.

    Ain’t it funny how time slips away …

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

  • [Jeremy Garchow] “OK. If Apple had released FCP8, would we feel any different or have they done you a favor?”

    If they released 8 I would have purchased a used MacPro as I waited for the upgrade. I would not have feared the end of MacPro’s because there wouldn’t have been the same indication of Apple’s indifference to the high end market. If and when they eol’d the Pro line I would have been more open to the idea of a Thunderbolt alternative. In other words I would have been happy in my blindness.

    Herb Sevush
    Zebra Productions
    —————————
    nothin’ attached to nothin’
    “Deciding the spine is the process of editing” F. Bieberkopf

Page 200 of 315

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy