Forum Replies Created

Page 154 of 260
  • Grinner Hester

    November 29, 2008 at 8:28 pm in reply to: Mythbusters Secret Formula

    yeah, someone should have mentioned budget.
    lol

  • Grinner Hester

    November 29, 2008 at 8:27 pm in reply to: Selling Avid system-how much to ask?

    trade in deals have to do with sales.
    careful.

  • very cool of you, man.
    Can I get a group hug for Ra-ey Saleh?!

  • Grinner Hester

    November 29, 2008 at 8:25 pm in reply to: AVID project moving to FCP

    man, buying a quick copy of FCP and off-lining with it would save more money than any other solution.
    A CMX3600 edl will work but you’ll need to ensure your reel names are 5 characters or less. You also don’t wanna do more than 4 audio tracks, use any plugins, filters or transistions.

    I’d save the client some money and just online from the get go on FCP. They’ll love ya for it and it can almost all be billed to the budget of this one project.
    Kind of a no brainer now.

    and to think people use to offline on FCP to online on an Avid.
    🙁

  • Grinner Hester

    November 28, 2008 at 7:51 pm in reply to: Is corporate video relevant today and how ?

    Oh it stops. I’m just saying it’s frustrating to watch why it’ll stop later on as it’s happening in real time.
    I’m not gripin’. I make a fine living off of companies spending recklessly. I usually make videos for em on how to streamline the operation, ironicly.
    lol
    For such a video… one that can be made by one dude in one day… I may recieve elements after a team of three or more who have dinked with these elements for daze on end. You know the drill after that. The editor ses the final product in his head as the elements are introduced and budget is layed out. Then he sits and oppeases as people, usually with no backgraound in our field, delay things with discussion on every edit. The smile he carries as he oppeases is because he get’s paid by the hour. So by in large, do I get paid to edit or to oppease?
    Man, the only time I’m really editing is when I’m left alone to do it. This does not make me an old burned out editor… just weathered enough to say such a thing out loud.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 28, 2008 at 3:46 am in reply to: Undercutting as a business model

    hats off to you, sir.
    …for missing no kiddoe sporting events. Thats too dadgum rare today. I’ve had fussy clients because of my kids before.
    But I’ll never have a fussy family because of clients.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 28, 2008 at 3:43 am in reply to: Chroma Key or Hi-Key for white background

    lol
    ditto, dude.
    happy turkey day from da hesters, man.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 9:29 pm in reply to: Approval and invoicing system

    I use word for invoices.
    For local approvals, DVD is still the norm. For remote approvals, I just use wmv files unless they want something else.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 9:27 pm in reply to: Can you digitize one hur tapes on Media composer 3.0?

    that’d just take more time. No need unless you wanna log on the fly.

  • Grinner Hester

    November 27, 2008 at 9:26 pm in reply to: 4 channel audio record

    your avid’s meters are for stereo out so just two will show unless ya change it to direct.
    Assuming you are laying off to beta sp, of course yuo won’t see channels 3 and 4 till you are actually recording video.

Page 154 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy