Jason, this is my take on it. Before and After. On the far right you can clearly see it’s clipped, and as such there is no information to adjust – it’s blown. But, here’s my thinking, there is the speaker who has a dark complexion and a dark suit. In balancing that with the blown screen I’ve used NewBlue’s ColorFast plug plus an extra virtual Spot Light from Sony’s Bump Map pointing upwards to enhance the Speaker.
What I think I’ve achieved is a Waveform that is below 100, it tops-out at around 90, with a slightly more granulated appearance, which pulls the eye to an evenness of colour and natural saturation with the Speaker. In essence I’ve darkened the lights and lightened the darks and given it more of an overall smoothness. The LCD is no longer “screaming” at me – yeah?
BEFORE

AFTER

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge