Forum Replies Created

Page 463 of 525
  • Gary Adcock

    January 6, 2006 at 3:40 pm in reply to: SLO MO (60p) straight from camera by SDI possible?

    [Gerry Brooks] “But, FCP has a problem while you are ingesting the off-speed shots.”

    not in my experience with my kona / fcp setup, you set the in and out points and capture. Because the finished clip can be longer or shorter depending on the given frame rate.(more frames or less frames based on a 23.98 timebase)

    [Gerry Brooks] “In 50z world the FCP FRC plug-in does not work. The FRC plug-in only works in 23.98/59.94.”
    Yes, I do know that is correct. it does not work well over FW either.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 6, 2006 at 4:43 am in reply to: mac desktop wont go to 720 x 540

    [Bob Flood] “the smallest i can get is 1280 x 720, which doesnt really giv me cut off or title safe or ,more importantly, how its gonna look on a tv! I know i can use that app called echo fire, but i would like to not have to spend the money”

    Now I am more confused than before.
    what are you trying to do?
    what app are your trying to get to display on what kind of monitor? and how is it connected to your kona LH?

    Be specific….

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 6, 2006 at 2:12 am in reply to: SLO MO (60p) straight from camera by SDI possible?

    [john sharaf] “I’m not familiar with your Decklink capture card, but I know you could capture directly to FCP (5.0.4) from the camera HD-SDI spigot in the DVPRO100 codec with the Kona 2 (or LHe).”

    It is my understanding that the Decklink cards do not allow you to capture the offspeed content correctly in uncompressed via HDSDI. Only the Kona / Xena cards from AJA do this to my knowledge.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 6, 2006 at 2:03 am in reply to: mac desktop wont go to 720 x 540

    [Jim Wynn] “When I select Macintosh Desktop in the Control pane of Kona LH Control Panel, the Primary (native) format is 720p 59.94 and the Video Format is greyed-out. It shows the frame buffer to be set to 720p 59.94, RGBA. All the outputs are down-converted to 525i29.97.”
    This is all correct.

    Now.

    I do not know what you guys are doing but 720×540 is not a supported video resolution for FCP.
    NTSC is 720×480 for DV,
    720×486 for D-1,
    720×576 for PAL

    Also 720×540 is not a supported Cinema Display resolution that I have ever heard of.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 6, 2006 at 1:48 am in reply to: DVCPRO HD Frame Rate Converter.

    [Shane Ross] “It was in the browser, but didn’t work. I brought it into a new project and the conversion worked like a charm.”

    I have run into this also when using a portable drive for my scratch disk and that disk went offline then was reset at a later point. I have also seen this after a hard crash.

    ga

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 5, 2006 at 6:40 am in reply to: What Production monitor to buy????

    [gary adcock] “a couple of weird DHV compression issues as of late.”

    make that HDV compression issues…

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 5, 2006 at 6:28 am in reply to: What Production monitor to buy????

    [JNeo25] “oh, and no hiccups at all from FCP, other than that HDV pixel thing. I think it’s something to do with HDV and not how the monitor handles HD.”

    My guess that is what you are looking at, I have run across a couple of weird DHV compression issues as of late.
    especially in low light footage.

    and Geffen makes a DVI to HDMI adaptor (but no audio)

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 5, 2006 at 2:24 am in reply to: What Production monitor to buy????

    [Shane Ross] “.you have two of these monitors…..you have a Kona 2 and Kona LH…”

    yeah, and I paid with hard currency for all of them ( still awaiting delivery however. I have to admit I was lucky enough to work on one of the 1700’s 7 months ago on location in Seattle and I was instantly hooked. It fit my needs at a good price. remember that I am on the road 200+ days a year. Compactness without loss of quality was a big factor.

    “..you have the HVX-200 weeks before it is released…..you were one of the workers at the Panasonic booth at the DV Expo..”
    yeah and the camera is NOT mine. I was hired for my opinions on the post process. (me, opinions??), I consult on this type of stuff for a living, it’s my job. This is not the first company that has asked me to look at their technology and give an opinion. Remember the “Uncompressed on a Laptop” demo from MWSF’02.

    Funny though, as much as I work in 720p most of my delivery is still 1080 24, with more and more on SR than D5 lately.

    and there is not a single thing wrong with that Aurora Pipe Pro, it is a great product.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 5, 2006 at 1:33 am in reply to: HVX200 capabilities made the HVR-Z1U HD Obsolete?

    [Barry Green] “1080i is currently the broadcast format with the most stations. NBC, CBS, PBS, and cable stations like TBS and InHD are all 1080i. 720p is the format used by FOX, ABC, and ESPN.”

    Note that FOX is delivering HD content currently in 3 formats depending on where you live. Major Market, owned and operated Fox stations do deliver in 720, there are 2 ( that I know of ) that transmit locally in 1080. A number of the secondary markets
    for FOX ( and PBS) are still only delivering a 480 digital signal.

    Part of this confusion comes from the 27 separate standards for Digital Broadcast according to the ATSC.

    Broadcast standards are kinda like the Cow – a lot of opinions and few conclusions…

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

  • Gary Adcock

    January 5, 2006 at 1:20 am in reply to: What Production monitor to buy????

    [walter biscardi] “Actually they’re trying to get it into Post facilities too. The demo unit around here is just out all the time so we havne’t been able to put it alongside our PVM 20L5/1 yet, but I’ll let you all know when I do.”

    I have and I am in the process of buying 2 more.
    I wish that I could get one of the “demo” cases with wheels for my travels.

    Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

Page 463 of 525

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy