Forum Replies Created
-
[Francois Stark] ” I have posted here regarding this bug, and have also sent a mail to AJA (support@aja.com). No response. “
Francois
I emailed support right after you posted this and it is a known issue so maybe they saw the 2 emails from US as one single issue.
They have identified the issue and I was told it will be fixed in the next driver release, but I am not sure when that will be.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Gevorg Sarkisian] “Can I capture using SDI using the method you suggested? And also I can not find any Kona 3 29.7 presets. “
Since you cross posted this- I left the way to create then capture on the Kona forum.
YES you can do this via HDSDI- the method for VFR capture from Panasonic decks or cameras is actually in the IoHD article listed in my sig file.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
Gary Adcock
January 22, 2010 at 2:43 pm in reply to: Varicam workflow w/ Kona 3 FCP (kona 720P 29.7 capture preset does not exist )[Gevorg Sarkisian] “I heard there is a Panasonic frame rate converter plug-in for FCP7 when I am clicking on the convertor in tools menu nothing is happening.”
The footage needs to be captured as DVCPROHD for the plugin to work.
“I am having trouble capturing the footage using my FCP 7 and KONA 3 card. I can not find any kona 3 29.7 capture presets “
correct. it is a seldom used frame rate in 720, you can create your own by copying the AJA Kona 720p23.98 VFR setting and adjust the frame rate to be 29.97.
you need to use the VFR setting version as the Master so the Kona Card understands that it is supposed to extract the dupe frame correctly from the tape during ingest.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Stuart Cummings] “Wanna go diving on a liveaboard? Call me!! You still have my card right? All the best Stuart P.S. Jay came to my studio and got tons of footage for the AJA reel”
Cool Stuart, sometimes we over look the simple things.
Going on a Liveaboard is still on my list of things to do, I only have a few hundred dives, so it would be fun. Glad you hooked up with Jay.
and yes I still have your contact info.
ga
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Stuart Cummings] ” then record back in Sd Wide screen so that i may then encode to Mpeg 2 SD WS?”
Question once the footage has been captured why record again. Use the ProRes files to encode the mpeg from.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Ted Joyce] “Any suggestions for a USB 3 track ball color-corection controller for Final Cut?”
take a look at Euphonics MC color.
I have one and I love the heavier weight.
https://www.euphonix.com/artist/products/mc_color/
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Peter Gruden] “It is only possible to select genlock source during playback, but not during record.”
SInce Genlock is traditionally only used in LIVE Switched environs, what exactly are you trying to do?
If the cameras are in genlock then the recording devices would be also.
If you are trying to bastardize some sort of stereo acquisition or trying to do Dual Link, you are out of luck. ( been there tried that)
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[David Roth Weiss] “For the record, both Kona and Blackmagic use the Apple 8 and 10-bit codecs and have for nearly three years now. So, you should only need to have Quicktime installed on your computer in order to use the files that were sent to you. “
Nope- sorry David you missed the RGB in his note, those are only available form AJA.
Yes the standard 10bit UC codecs are Apple’s, but the RGB are Aja’s
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Mathieu Marano] “Is there a devide to mount an Io HD in a rack? Or mount a Io HD and a G-RAID side by side in a rack? “
I just changed the screw length by 3mm and used the pre-drilled holes in the existing feet to mount the unit on a plate for Fletcher Chicago.
https://www.fletch.com/rentalonsetdms.htmlgary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php
-
[Shawn Marshall] ” Would we get better results if they were to record directly to an AJA Ki Pro with the Pro Res 422 HQ codec? “
YES.
A 10bit i-frame 4:2:2 signal is better than anything you will get in post short of HDCamSR /DPX/UC content. This would be better than any tape based recordings and better than all but a handful of tapeless formats ( RED, Phantom,SI,ARRI that record data at more than 10bits)The content captured over baseband from your camera will higher in luma and chroma and the signal is virtually always sent out prior to encoding any compression.
gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, ILhttps://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php