Floh Peters
Forum Replies Created
-
[justin wheeler] “After copying the source clips from the old project to the new project folder, my Media100 i/xr v.7.5.1 tries to relink media but does not recognise any of the new clips. Maybe they don’t have the same creation dates or other info, but they are the exact same clip and name. This also occurs with music files that were lost that I used in other projects. Same song file, but the Media100 won’t let me relink from one project to the next with it.”
Each time you import a graphics or sound clip (or if you digitize something into the system) Media 100 does include some header info into the clips. This way the system makes sure that it does not link to a clip with the same name accidentally, but it can identify each clip. Unfortunately this means that Media 100 won
-
[AlexxG] “Excuse my bad english, but I don
-
[AlexxG] “can anyone tell me, if Media100i 8.2.3a and Producer are project compatible?”
As SoftHarbor says, you can move media files from Producer to V8.2.3 and vice versa. But “Project data” (timelines, bins and Projects) can be moved only from V8 to Producer and not back. You can exchange all those data between Producer and V11(.5) hardware based systems.
[AlexxG] “Is a “network-RAID-Fileserver” (example: https://www.infrant.com/products/products_details.php?name=ReadyNAS%201000S )
fast enough to work the same time with Media100i/orHDe and Producer? “It depends on what you want to do and what data rates you need. Producer and HDe can work in Uncompressed 10bit HD mode, and then this box is definitely not fast enough. If you
-
[Andy Stinton] “Does anybody have any experience with these units with Media 100? Is there away to separate clips or mark them? “
Which model/format are you planning to shoot? I know one guy here in Germany who shot with a HVX200/P2 camera and the FireStore unit that attaches to this. While there was an initial problem with the FS firmware it is resolved now, and it just works as with P2 cards. You can import directly from the FireStore and get DVCProHD clips to work with in your Producer system. From what I know (if you
-
Um, no. under Media settings select DVCPro50, or Uncompressed 8 bit. Since you
-
Are you speaking about an SD (PAL/NTSC) format? Then I would suggest capturing either into DV/DVCPro50 codec or into 8 or 10bit uncompressed (not Media 100 codec). These are spported better in FCP than the Media 100 codecs.
-
You can use Flip4Mac to convert the files into Media 100 i codec files. But afaik F4Mac is OSX only, so I think you
-
Check your “From %” and “To %” settings in the Extended Edit suite. Are they set from 0 to 100? If not, that
-
[David Issko] “I read that HD Suite had HD input capabiliy only whilst the HDe has HD & SD in. I prefer HD Suite for its overall capabilities but if I am editing an SD project, how do I digitise the SD material in HD Suite?”
Both HDe and HD Suite have SD capabilities. Here is a comparison between the different options. The Main difference is that (aside from bundling Boris Red with HD Suite) that the HD Suite has a SD to HD upconversion board (you can acquire SD material in realtime into a HD standard), which is missing from the HDe. HDe on the other hand has analog inputs (Composite, S-Video and HD/SD Components), which are missing from Suite. But both systems can work in SD as well as in HD.
-
[Chris Fenwick] “my old Media100 XR use to have a very robust event stream editor that allowed me to create hotspots that would launch a browser…
Does Producer allow you to do that still…
I’m looking for a simple way to define, area and length of a hot spot, and URL to link to.”
Except for creating DVD chapter marks I never used the event stream editor much, but the whole functionality still is in Producer and HD, so you should be able to do that with Producer and Cleaner.