Forum Replies Created

Page 173 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    October 19, 2006 at 5:08 pm in reply to: Media 100 Producer

    [dairy cow] “I also read on M100 site that Producer with work with the new Mac Pros in January 2007. Does anyone know if that is still the correct date or is it likely to be pushed back?”

    Since the press release about shipping V11.5 from October 10th says they are going to ship a version “qualified for Apple

  • Floh Peters

    October 18, 2006 at 6:27 pm in reply to: 100i update to 8.2.3a problems?

    I

  • Floh Peters

    October 18, 2006 at 6:17 pm in reply to: Bitvice Issues

    Hmmm, that

  • Floh Peters

    October 16, 2006 at 7:41 pm in reply to: Media 100 Audio Query

    You cannot really do that, but there is an easy workaround for this. Let

  • Floh Peters

    October 16, 2006 at 4:39 pm in reply to: 100i update to 8.2.3a problems?

    [Nickel] “Hi. I updated to 8.2.3a (see thread below “exporting to iPod difficulty” and I noticed that the application info says 8.2.3a, however, when I open the ap and go to “About Media 100” then it says 8.2.3 – no “a.” Is this normal? “

    Yes, unfortunately there is no way to tell which version you have from looking on the About Media 100 window. If you downloaded and installed V8.2.3a you should be good.

    [Nickel] “Also, now when I attempt to export an iPod movie I get a crash instead of the error message. Thanks for any help.”

    Hmmm, which QuickTime/OS version do you use? The iPod export should work. Do you have installed any 3rd party QuickTime plugins? (In HardDrive->Library->QuickTime)

  • Floh Peters

    October 15, 2006 at 8:38 am in reply to: which PCi-e slot for Media 100HDe and other things

    [greg] “This computer is a refurbished computer direct from Apple.”

    Seems like they did not get it right. Talk to Apple Support about this.

    [greg] “In the computer I only see one extra cable. It’s a smaller one that I connected to the second drive. But I didn’t think that was right. It’s the 7 pin.”

    I think that the SATA connections include Power supply for the drives. Look at the internal shipping drive. Has it one or 2 cables? I think it has only one (I can check on Monday in the office), and the second drive needs only one, too.

    [greg] “Would the RAM cause it to not power on?”

    Bad RAM should at least give you some loud beeps from the system. Not powering on usually means something elst. Have you put back in place the Fans correctly?

  • Floh Peters

    October 13, 2006 at 7:05 pm in reply to: At a Loss for Answers

    [PBS Gerry] “I recently decided to “upgrade” our old Media100 system by taking the Vincent 601 card from the original PowerMac 9500/200 and install it into a PowerMac Blue & White G3/400 running OS 9.2.2 with 1 GB of RAM. I also installed a new ATI Radeon 9200 PCI video card for dual monitors; a Keyspan USB to Serial Adapter for machine control; and the original ATTO Dual SCSI card for the external drives. Since the most recent version of the M100 software we had was 4.5, that’s what I installed as well”

    Some considerations: do you have the newest driver for your ATTO card? Have you tried playing back lower data rate files from the internal Harddrive? Have you checked the Legacy CPG to see where your Media 100 card needs to be placed in the G3 system? The G3s were very picky about the slot for the Media 100 board.

    [PBS Gerry] “Was trying this update a mistake? Is M100 v4.5 incompatible with the G3 and/or OS 9.2.2? Is there another update that I missed? Have I angered the Media100 gods? I would hate to have to go back to the original 9500/200, and we’re at least 2 years away from a major hardware upgrade. Please HELP!”

    Most likely Media 100 V4.5 won

  • Floh Peters

    October 13, 2006 at 2:16 pm in reply to: exporting to iPod difficulty

    If you

  • Floh Peters

    October 12, 2006 at 8:07 am in reply to: Producer

    In Producer you can use files natively in all Media 100 supported HD codecs (Media 100, Motion JPEGB, DVCProHD, Uncompressed 8&10bit). They have to be in 1920*1080 format, and either in 25 or 29.97 frame rate, but if they are they are supported natively and import directly. If you have other codecs you of course could transcode the files into a Media 100 supported codec format, but this takes some time (depending on the file length). You can export all these codecs as self-contained again, which is lossless and pretty quick, or you can export to any QuickTime codec for playout.

  • Floh Peters

    October 12, 2006 at 6:37 am in reply to: Media 100 gonna be Universal Binary?

    [Greg Penetrante] “I know all of you love the ‘old school’ media 100 style editing. BUT will Media 100 EVER be Universal Binary so that we can run 100 Producer and edit DVCProHD on our new MacBook Pros or Quad Mac Pros??”

    Media 100 has announced a Universal Binary version for Q1 2007 and again in the V11.5 announcment confirmed for January 2007, so I guess this is when we will be able to run Producer on our new MacBook Pros and Qud Mac Pros.

Page 173 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy