Forum Replies Created

Page 153 of 245
  • Bernie,

    could you upload a short example of what you

  • Floh Peters

    March 21, 2007 at 9:07 pm in reply to: Best Settings For Web Video

    What is your target audience? Win or Mac users? Do you want to target a broad base of computer users or a smaller, more controllable audience? For a maximum range you can use MPEG1 at 384*288, for a better image quality and reduced compatability you should use something based on H.264

  • Floh Peters

    March 20, 2007 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Can I do this? (Multiple IN/OUTs)

    I am not really sure that I understand what you are trying to do, but couldn

  • Some additional questions: what kind of Codec do you use inside Producer? HD or SD? And how do you get your material from Producer to AE? With a by-ref export? Self-contained? Using the “Export to AfterEffects” command from Producer?

    And yes, a good description (or even better a screenshot) of the lines you are seeing would be very helpful.

  • [Jim Wigler] “Right off the bat, a Producer export loses saturation in QT Player, and is messed-up in After Effects… 🙁 “

    Jim,

    could you give me some additional info, like what kind of export are you doing (self-contained, by-ref, Quicktime (which codec)? How do you measure/view the loss of saturation? How is the clip “messed-up” in AE?

    Thanks,

    Floh

  • Floh Peters

    March 17, 2007 at 10:35 pm in reply to: M100 HD 11.5 and Sony HVR-M25U

    We

  • Floh Peters

    March 17, 2007 at 5:47 pm in reply to: After Effects render to Media 100 16:9

    [Al J. Marschke] “Aspect ratio is and always has been 16:9 in the media100 hardware…hence the problem.”

    It is okay to have this set up to 16:9 in the hardware settings, but you also need to select 16:9 in the Import window (CMD-I) when importing your rendered clips. AE does not write an aspect ratio flag into the rendered files, therefore they get imported as 4:3 into Media 100 i (btw, in Media 100 HD you can change from 4:3 to 16:9 and back easily).

  • Floh Peters

    March 17, 2007 at 12:05 pm in reply to: After Effects render to Media 100 16:9

    [Al J. Marschke] “I could not drop it on the timeline. It was rendered 16:9 in AE with media 100 720 codec but that was not enough. The only thing that would work was Animation. The hardware was set to 16:9 when I imported it.”

    As I said, when importing make sure that “Aspect Ratio” is set to “Use 16:9” in Media 100s Import dialog box.

  • Floh Peters

    March 17, 2007 at 10:09 am in reply to: After Effects render to Media 100 16:9

    [Al J. Marschke] “That’s the first thing I tried. I ended up having to render as an Animation from a comp set to DV widescreen. Media 100 codec would not let me do it.”

    Where did the Media 100 codec not let you do this? If your comp is 720*576/486 (widescreen) and you render to the Media 100 720 codec there should be no problems. As I said, only make sure that the “Aspect Ratio” is set to “Use 16:9” when importing the rendered file into Media 100.

  • Floh Peters

    March 17, 2007 at 10:07 am in reply to: M100 HD 11.5 and Sony HVR-M25U

    We use the HVR-M25E, which works fine. Not sure about the difference between the E and u models.

Page 153 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy