Floh Peters
Forum Replies Created
-
[editology] “I’ve adjusted the vid in on m100 for HD, thru HDsdi at 1920 x 1080. Turned off the audio inputs in the dig window. And all I get is dark grey blinking on black. “
Stupid questions first: If you own a HDx system, do you use the HD-SDI input? There are 2 inputs on the BOB, one for SD-SDI and one for HD-SDI. And have you tried a different BNC-Cable? We have had some troubles with cables that were okay for SDI but showed problems wwhen used for HD-SDI.
-
The problem (although probably not a big one) is that Media 100 always saves the project on closing it. But only the PROJECT, not the bins or programs. So what you should be able to do is to create a new Project and open the programs and bins in it.
-
[Greg] “Floh…I’m rendering and aquiring via Media 100i lossless. Wouldn’t that make them the same? “
Media 100 lossless is a good choice (not uncompressed, but lossless), although it is more CPU-intense than e.g. DV or uncompressed codecs. Just make sure that both the Acquire and the Render settings are set to the same codec. There should be no difference between exporting by ref or self contained.
Can you describe (or maybe post a short sample on a server somewhere) how your problem looks? -
[eclecticbubba] “upon importing some motion AE titles… when Media 100 (8.2.3) rendered in the graphics track, I’m getting lots of jaggies, and I notice when it’s rendering, I’m seeing white flashes in the Source window. “
How do your problems look? Field order reversed? Resolution (pixel) mismatch)? Are you sure your AE renders are fine and in the correct resolution/aspect ratio?
-
[Jack Shepard] “Is the AJA IO device compatible with Media 100 Producer? I assume it is but I thought I would get some opinions”
My “opinion” is no. The I/O does not use DV-based codecs over FireWire but converts incoming signals into an Uncompressed-over-FireWire signal which is not supported by Media 100 (or anything else except FCP). Avid does something similar with its Mojo and Adrenaline systems.
[Jack Shepard] “And would you have machine control (say with a beta sp deck)?”
As long as you can use a Keyspan USB to RS422 adapter on the system you can control a beta deck with Producer.
[Jack Shepard] “Also I may have an opportunity to purchase at low cost a used Kona card. If I installed that in a powermac would I be able to use it running Producer or would I still need a version of HDe?”
Producer does only use FireWire I/O. So if you want to use a Kona card you need the matching (SDe, HDe or HD suite) software, which is locked to the board. You can buy the license for your board from Media 100.
-
[Greg] “I’m using the Media 100i codec uncompressed. Editing to and from Beta SP analog component.”
Are you using the Media 100 i codec (which is not uncompressed) or the Media 100 HD codec? You should make sure that your Render and Acquire codec are the same when going to DVD, to make sure that they have the same colorspace when being accessed via QuickTime.
-
Floh Peters
March 30, 2007 at 1:00 pm in reply to: There is a problem with Media 100 & After Effects. A real problem! BEWARE!After some discussions it seems like there is a bug which mixes up video resolutions. DV-based clips should be 720*480 for NTSC, and under some conditions Media 100 seems to write 720*480 files with a 720*486 setting. If somebody has a step-by-step description how to get to material that shows this problem it would be very helpful, ideally starting from e.g. acquiring material (which input, which codec,…). Since we are working in PAL we cannot reproduce the problem.
-
What is offline? The project? The Media files? The programs/bins? You should have a Project file, some timeline/program files, some Bin files and the according media files…
-
It sounds like your HDs may be too slow, or you have another problem with your HDs. I would suggest trying to acquire a longer clip in e.g. Media 100 i codec at 360k or DVCPro50 to see if you still get the problems. Plus, you should check your HDs e.g. with DiskUtility to see if there
-
You should not work in 640 mode unless you absolutely have to (like if you have a Vincent or Vincent601 board). All digital video resoultions (DV, DVD,…) are 720-based, and I guess what you are seeing is iDVD not being able to transcode from 640 to 720 properly (not dealing with frames correctly. What you can do is to export from Media 100 by ref, create a 720*480 NTSC DV comp in AE and render to e.g. “uncompressed” codec with Lower field first from AE. Then you can use this file for your iDVD project. I would suggest trying this with a short clip first to see if this works, though…