Forum Replies Created

Page 208 of 277
  • No problem, that’s why my forumstuff directory is open.

  • No problem, that’s why my forumstuff directory is open.

  • Like I said, doing a quick fade out, or doing a quick edit in music with a crossfade, just to see if it’s better to animate like that, without having to go to another program.

    It’s simply impossible to do a fade out or crossfade using two keyframes. Okay, I can export to protools or Logic Audio, (both certainly not faster If i’ve allready got the audio two layers ready in my comp) And what If I decide the first layers one should be 20 frames longer, back to pro-tools etc.

    Of course, the final mixing I would do in another app.

    But mainly, because I like to code useless expressions 😉

    You should check out the 7.1 surround export expression i created for correct placement of sound emitted from 3D layers in After Effects space, including Doppler simulation 😉

    No, really.

  • Like I said, doing a quick fade out, or doing a quick edit in music with a crossfade, just to see if it’s better to animate like that, without having to go to another program.

    It’s simply impossible to do a fade out or crossfade using two keyframes. Okay, I can export to protools or Logic Audio, (both certainly not faster If i’ve allready got the audio two layers ready in my comp) And what If I decide the first layers one should be 20 frames longer, back to pro-tools etc.

    Of course, the final mixing I would do in another app.

    But mainly, because I like to code useless expressions 😉

    You should check out the 7.1 surround export expression i created for correct placement of sound emitted from 3D layers in After Effects space, including Doppler simulation 😉

    No, really.

  • Filip Vandueren

    July 10, 2006 at 2:30 pm in reply to: Exact location of anchor point?

    If you open up the footage in a layer-viewer (double click it in the timeline),
    you can drag around the anchorPoint with the move tool (if it’s visible).

    Now holding down the Command+Shift keys (Ctrl+shift on PC i guess) while doing this,
    the anchorPoint will snap to the center of the footage, to a corner or anywhere along the edge.

    This behaviour is not available in the Comp viewer using the Pan-behind tool.

  • A while ago I wrote a script called BPMMarkers that adds markers for each beat on a layer (you have to know the bpm though)

    check out the discussion here to download the file and get some more tips on working with audio:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=867359

    As for absolute precision with keyframes and markers, I tend to switch to 50 or even 99 fps from time to time to do audio-scrubbing.

  • Filip Vandueren

    July 7, 2006 at 1:11 am in reply to: expression for 3D orientation

    Hi Dan,

    I can’t test this for the moment,
    but would this expression sum up all the rotations for e.g.
    a camera that is Auto-oriented + keyframed for rotation + keyframed for orientation ?

    if so: brilliant stuff, just what I needed for a problem I was working on 😎

    on a related note: do you think it is feasible in Javascript to convert an After Effects style 3D Euler rotation to a VRML-style axis+angle rotation ?

  • Filip Vandueren

    July 7, 2006 at 1:11 am in reply to: expression for 3D orientation

    Hi Dan,

    I can’t test this for the moment,
    but would this expression sum up all the rotations for e.g.
    a camera that is Auto-oriented + keyframed for rotation + keyframed for orientation ?

    if so: brilliant stuff, just what I needed for a problem I was working on 😎

    on a related note: do you think it is feasible in Javascript to convert an After Effects style 3D Euler rotation to a VRML-style axis+angle rotation ?

  • Filip Vandueren

    July 7, 2006 at 1:03 am in reply to: seed random for randomness

    One could use the noise() function for “a global random fixed number”.

    just feed the seed as it’s only parameter. noise(seed), noise([seed,seed]) or even noise([seed,seed,seed])

    Granted, this is not a true “seed”-value, rather the “position” in a “noise-field”,
    and also not a true random number, (e.g. noise(100) and noise(101) will most likely have similar results)
    but it’s a start

    just choose either “seed”-values that aren’t too closely spaced, or multiply them by a quite large prime number.

    check out Dan’s tutorial called
    “noise()

  • Filip Vandueren

    July 7, 2006 at 1:03 am in reply to: seed random for randomness

    One could use the noise() function for “a global random fixed number”.

    just feed the seed as it’s only parameter. noise(seed), noise([seed,seed]) or even noise([seed,seed,seed])

    Granted, this is not a true “seed”-value, rather the “position” in a “noise-field”,
    and also not a true random number, (e.g. noise(100) and noise(101) will most likely have similar results)
    but it’s a start

    just choose either “seed”-values that aren’t too closely spaced, or multiply them by a quite large prime number.

    check out Dan’s tutorial called
    “noise()

Page 208 of 277

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy