Forum Replies Created

Page 198 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    October 20, 2016 at 1:31 pm in reply to: Adding 3D AR models to drone footage

    [dylan Tucker] “In terms of my drone footage, do you think in general there would be enough tracking points?”

    If there is major contrast then you should be fine.

    Its a huge task what you are about to take on.

    Ive done enough similar for all kinds of targets.

    How much movement is there in the drone frames?

  • Eric Santiago

    September 27, 2016 at 12:01 pm in reply to: FCPXML going to Resolve with slomo clips

    Not the same issue but I found a bug from FCPX to Resolve where the project would not switch to 23.976 due to accidentally starting at 24.
    I had to scrap the whole project in Resolve all together and I found it odd that I couldn’t switch on the fly like other XML flavours.

  • Good find.

    That is annoying and I see it a lot.

  • Eric Santiago

    September 9, 2016 at 1:02 pm in reply to: Color Finale issues

    I get this pop-up error once the clip loads on memory (with Color Finale).
    I forgot the error but its basically saying a bad lut blah blah blah.
    I have a screen shot at home I will send it to Denver tonight.
    I love the plug-in and it gets me out of having to use Resolve.
    You get clients that want Resolve but wont pay so cue Color Finale 😉

  • The timeline index has been a major timesaver of late.

    I wonder if Avid/Adobe will ever rip that off.

  • Eric Santiago

    September 6, 2016 at 7:50 pm in reply to: Creating/duplicating compositions independently

    [Roei Tzoref] “you can re-import your project and you will have independent comps. “

    This was my fave for years.

    I will try that script you posted thanks!

  • Eric Santiago

    September 6, 2016 at 1:48 pm in reply to: backing up noobie question

    As I post here I am referring to FCPX.

    Again just the Duplicate Project + Used Clips Only is the option I am referring too.

    With that option I lose all the Sub-folders used as Keywords in the newly created Event.

    As well as resource clips all copied to one big Original Media folder with no sub-folders from original position.

    Reason I brought it up was that the originator had all the clips in sub-folders.

    Like I said Im okay with this just wanted to hear from the group as to how they deal with copying projects from one drive o another.

  • Eric Santiago

    September 6, 2016 at 1:29 pm in reply to: backing up noobie question

    [Robin S. Kurz] “Apple i.e. FCP doesn’t delete anything. Either you import from an existing location, leave the media in place and the folder structure is maintained”

    No it doesn’t delete anything when you copy it seems to place all the clips into a new sub-folder e.g. Original, etc…
    And it also removed the Keyword.
    I will send screen shots later.
    Its no sweat to me just wanted to see how others are dealing with certain aspects of backing up their projects.

  • Eric Santiago

    September 6, 2016 at 12:46 pm in reply to: backing up noobie question

    I would like to piggy back on this topic.

    I am currently finishing a doc and have had to deal with numerous supplied drives by the client.

    Due to the workflow and my schedule I couldnt find the time to clean anything up.

    Resources are all over the place and so far its been quite the mess.

    Using the Duplicate option into a new drive seemed to help.

    However Apple decided to place everything in one level sub-folders deleting the actual root it was residing in.

    I know this is probably too much to ask for but cant it bring in the resources folder name as well?

    You can make changes in that folder after since its in the package.

    I tried and everything got confused.

  • Eric Santiago

    September 2, 2016 at 3:13 pm in reply to: Large file sizes creating problems, I think.

    Funny that file size and project reminds me of past work with display setups for Christie MicroTiles system.
    I was able to playback from an old MacPro at something over 5000×4000 (forgot the actual pixels).
    I could have just scaled up an HD clip but where’s the fun in that 🙂

    Back to bad pre-comp size, yes Ive inherited some crazy sizes due to DSLR photos used as starting points.
    Just gotta dig deep and resize them.

Page 198 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy