Forum Replies Created

Page 199 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    September 2, 2016 at 1:20 pm in reply to: How to make a trash can not look like a trash can…

    [Lance Bachelder] “I know it doesn’t run FCPX but pretty sweet evolution of the trash can motif…

    https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/pavilion-wave/overview.html
    “

    WTF!!

    Is that for real?

  • Eric Santiago

    September 1, 2016 at 3:28 pm in reply to: Waiting for Apple again. And again. And again …

    [Herb Sevush] “But who wants to buy a 3 year old machine when Apple is supposedly upgrading the line in the fall.”

    I’ve been playing this game with Apple and for years.
    I just buy whats available and dont have the energy to deal with whats the fastest (of late).
    In the past it was so much fun when trying to justify an SGI Octane/O2 configuration.
    These days we can go into an Apple store and get a more than capable iMac.

    My day job are at year three with a dozen nMPs and they have not had to be serviced for any reason.
    Mostly Adobe centric and the D700s do all the Resolve/Avid/Pro Tools work.
    I still use Maya/Renderman on a 2008 BOXX/Dell Precision combo so that will probably be updated soon.

    I am hearing rumors that Apple (Canada) is going to start offering a leasing plan for corps.

    I hope it opens up to public cause I would take advantage of it for my personal company.

  • Eric Santiago

    August 31, 2016 at 4:25 pm in reply to: FCPX > XtoCC > Pp > OMF

    Thanks Jeremy fro the tips 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    August 31, 2016 at 3:41 pm in reply to: FCPX > XtoCC > Pp > OMF

    Hmm maybe a good case to purchase Logic Pro 🙂

    Im not really sure what was causing the audio to not show up via XtoCC.

    I do know that one clip was a Compound so I fixed that by breaking it up.

    All is well after that 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    August 31, 2016 at 3:12 pm in reply to: FCPX > XtoCC > Pp > OMF

    I only have X2ProLE 🙁

    The audio guy on this project is using Logic Pro.

    I use Pro Tools for my audio work.

  • Friends don’t let friends shoot to H264 footage 🙂

    Good tips on lighting. I’ve had to use Canon footage with my RED and thankfully they were all day shots.

  • Eric Santiago

    August 23, 2016 at 2:41 pm in reply to: Problems with Red footage on final cut pro

    Can you see the video in the Library?

    Update your RED drivers for Apple even if its the same version.

  • [Brian Seegmiller] “You can choose to link footage manually if you want even if the names don’t match. I have done that a couple of times in X. As I recall you have to do it one by one and it worked for me.”

    Im lazy I just re-import to get automatic links.

  • [Gary Huff] “This is such a huge deal, especially after working in Premiere where it doesn’t care what you relink to.
    “

    Hmm I wouldnt go that far.
    Relink in Premiere is not exactly flawless.
    Im not going into detail since Ive had too many rants about it for years now.

  • Eric Santiago

    August 17, 2016 at 7:19 pm in reply to: PS or AI for After Effects?

    For AI the vector(rasterize) makes it easier if scaling is required especially in 3D Camera.
    As far as applying textures then PS is best but you can import most image formats in AE.

Page 199 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy