Forum Replies Created

Page 192 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    February 17, 2017 at 1:01 pm in reply to: CG2730 as grading monitor

    [Noah Kadner] “LG, Sharp, Dell- take your pick. Those are dirt cheap these days…”

    Have you ever calibrated any of these GUI to come close to your grading monitor?

  • Eric Santiago

    February 16, 2017 at 2:56 pm in reply to: CG2730 as grading monitor

    Grade posts on the grading monitor.

    How about the GUI part?

    I have two aging Apple Cinema 30s that plays tricks on me (non cal) all the time 😛

    Has anyone found a happy not so expensive medium for GUI?

  • Eric Santiago

    February 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm in reply to: Can you use Mocha Tracking with Maya?
  • Eric Santiago

    February 8, 2017 at 1:01 pm in reply to: Just Business…

    I have the pleasure of teaching FCPX and Premiere Pro and even better that I get to work with all three almost daily in Broadcast, Film and Corporate level.

    I do my best to show the students the differences and commonalities.

    Honestly in the last few years its 50/50 with Apple and Adobe as far as user traction.

    The Avid users are mostly legacy owners that have passed it down the line.

    I am sure its different in other parts of the country.

    IMHO, FCPX users are up and running with their personal projects.

    Now as far as negatives go, last night I had to show the Premiere Title Tool…nuff sed 😛

  • I agree with Marc on tracking again.
    There are tricky ones but I tend to redo it for my hairs sake.
    Also ran into an issue when first supplied clips were not of the same size and aspect ratio as raw footage.
    I fixed it my using the scale to frame but most of the time it wasnt worth the pain so I just started from scratch.
    Ive worked with a few trackers out there and Resolve is by far the easiest and my fave 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    February 7, 2017 at 1:09 pm in reply to: Transferring Project from One Computer to Another

    If you ever feel you’ve buggered it up good, you can always count on the Avid Attic to save your a….

  • Eric Santiago

    February 6, 2017 at 10:23 pm in reply to: Black Clips from Sony F5/Avid MC

    [Glenn Sakatch] “Did you use multicam in Avid?”

    I do believe the editor used Multicam.

    I will check to see if it was set right.

  • Eric Santiago

    February 6, 2017 at 2:41 am in reply to: Just Business…

    I’ve been lucky enough to teach both Premiere and FCPX at an Adult College.

    I try to expose both and give each its merits and failures.

    In the end the student gets to decide.

    Its still 50/50 from my experience.

  • Sorry to hijack this thread, since we have a few seasoned DIY PC builders here, what’s your opinion on these Nvidia cards?

    I am looking at an HP Z840 and they are offering these:

    NVIDIA® Quadro® K4200 (4 GB)
    NVIDIA® Quadro® K5200 (8 GB)
    NVIDIA® Quadro® M4000 (8 GB)
    NVIDIA® Quadro® M5000 (8 GB)
    NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000 (12 GB)

    I dont have an idea on pricing and I am sure the K6000 is above my price range.

    Its mostly for Maya and Renderman.

    Ive posted similiar questions on Max/Maya and no reply.

    Thanks in advance 🙂

  • [andy patterson] “If you have time to visit the Cow you have time to build a PC : )
    “

    I will always have time to help others on here as well as REDUSER.

    I should have known better not to get into this topic, but I was bored ☺

    I do find time to post here when my nMP renders in 2 min intervals.

    The ones that take long are usually in Resolve and they average 1 hour or more if working with a full feature.

    To be honest I really don’t know since I sched all my long renders over night 🙂

Page 192 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy