Forum Replies Created

Page 193 of 282
  • The rabbit hole just got bigger with this topic.

    Heard all this before, almost every year I’ve been in this business.

    The only DIY I will ever spend time is on set for lighting/camera.

    But that’s to be expected due to ever changing circumstances that happen on set.

  • [Shawn Miller] “What if a low cost, DIY machine rendered your animations out 20% faster? That seems like a pretty good cost savings over the life of that computer. ☺
    “

    Again cost saving depends on needs.

    I just refuse to spend on unproven workstations.

    If my BOXX breaks down, the warranty covers it.

    Ive yet to break a nMP.

    I work with over a dozen nMP in the last 3 years and no hardware issues to date.

    Its mostly user error due to bad app/OS installs.

  • [andy patterson] “If Apple had an Easter Sale blow out and sold the $2,999.00 Mac Pro for $999.99 I bet you would both buy one : )”

    Thats a no brainer but IMHO that doesnt equate to buying a low cost DIY PC.

    I just dont trust having to build one.

    If I had that much time, then I guess Im not writing, shooting, creating and producing anything worthwhile to me.

    This field is hard enough on time as it is, why bash your brain against a wall trying to find a low cost power supply 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    February 2, 2017 at 2:50 pm in reply to: How to make a portion of a video look bigger

    Animate scale properties.

  • [Laurent Fluttert] “Yes it works, I do that all the time. Back and forth between studio and the free version.
    “

    Great to hear.

    I don’t believe this was the case years ago.

  • In regards to the $8K Mac vs $800 PC, I am sorry but the day I start working on PCs that cheap I might as well get out of this business.
    I’ve had numerous PC workstations from Dells, BOXX, SGI (yes SGI!), HP, Compaq, Intergraph (uh oh I’m dating myself) and even the cMP (Mac Pro legacy in BootCamp).

    Since 1994, the practice of going cheap with PC workstations went as far as trying to keep that one printer alive for longer than 2 years 😛

    Now, of course this was during my heavy CGI days with Maya, Softimage, 3DSMAX and etc….

    I use both one being a loaded nMP.

    I will still use my trusty BOXX for 3D work, but my nMP will always handle the Adobe updates as oppose to any Windows options.

    For some reason everytime Adobe does an update, the PCs tend to throw up for a few weeks before finally settling in.

    Just my opinion of course.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 26, 2017 at 3:45 pm in reply to: Obsolete in Premiere, the answer?

    Nicely put.

    I can honestly copy your post and use in a few different apps out there 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    January 26, 2017 at 3:39 pm in reply to: Workflow order

    Nothing wrong with that.

    I think you’re fine with your workflow.

    Eventually, you start to experiment with different paths as you progress.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 26, 2017 at 1:34 pm in reply to: Workflow order

    Sounds about right.

    In some cases, CGI is involved so that puts a halt of de-rails the steps.

    Is this all in Resolve your planning on finishing?

    For me I use up to 3 different apps to get the job done, sometimes more (CGI).

  • Eric Santiago

    January 23, 2017 at 8:11 pm in reply to: Bullet Time

    Twixtor is hit and miss with standard frame rates.

    Ive had just as much success letting AE do the magic.

    Premiere not as fun as AE IMHO.

Page 193 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy