Forum Replies Created

Page 190 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    May 10, 2017 at 7:24 pm in reply to: Resolve to Avid roundtrip

    Im not sure if those two apps can talk to each other yet due to the beta stage.

    Just curious with your future results.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 28, 2017 at 5:41 pm in reply to: Redundant Avid media

    [Glenn Sakatch] “Well, if they are truly redundant you can simply copy the the media to the same mxf numbered folder, and not have explorer overwrite anything. Any files left in the original spot would be duplicates.

    Manually, you could drag the database from each folder to a bin and see what is there.
    “

    An old practice that’s bit me in the but in the past.

    Ill give the freeware app a try.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 27, 2017 at 1:33 pm in reply to: OT Resolve 14

    I can’t wait to test this out.

    But I always fear this app will be bloated as versions go.

    Then what?

    They release a stand-alone grading app 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    April 27, 2017 at 12:12 pm in reply to: Redundant Avid media

    Thanks, Pat I was looking for something other than MediaMover.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 23, 2017 at 3:24 pm in reply to: FCPX External monitoring.

    Intensity Pro as well as the Extreme3D+ worked for a long period of time with FCPX.
    I haven’t updated that cMP to 10.3.x yet so I think Ill venture soon.
    I try to keep some workstations at lower versions due to older projects.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 21, 2017 at 3:36 pm in reply to: So anyway FCPX Users, how’s things?

    With the news of NVIDIA and cMPs, has anyone tested FCPX yet?

  • Eric Santiago

    April 21, 2017 at 1:42 pm in reply to: How To Speed Up Rendering

    Does your final render come from a 100% After Effects composition?
    Are you placing video that has no CG on top at all?
    Or is the video CC in AE?
    One thing I stress on when teaching basic AE at local college is that if its more than 2 minute of video with no CG applied, then dont use AE to finish.
    I am sure thats common info but I do run into a few that tend to work this way.
    Worse is when they shoot with DSLRs.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 20, 2017 at 7:51 pm in reply to: External GPU with OSX

    [Eric Santiago] “This was posted at REDUSER:

    https://www.facebook.com/jarred.land…54583869195415

    Not sure if this was mentioned around these parts.

    “

    Darn it was 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    April 20, 2017 at 7:50 pm in reply to: External GPU with OSX

    This was posted at REDUSER:

    https://www.facebook.com/jarred.land…54583869195415

    Not sure if this was mentioned around these parts.

  • Eric Santiago

    April 13, 2017 at 6:45 pm in reply to: The iMac “Pro” rumor looks interesting

    [Oliver Peters] “Seems to match a lot of what I’m seeing these days. I have to say that after teaching post workshops for a number of years at a local college film program, the general computer literacy I encounter has gone down over the years. Largely the effect of phones as computing devices.”

    Agree. I instruct a night class (FCPX, PPr, Ae and Maya) part-time.
    It seems people are not caring much for what they are using as far as tools.
    You will get the few that knows their PC/Mac but a ton that just don’t care.
    I don’t mind holding their hands through the process, but as long as they are able to create their vision, I’m good ☺

    On another side-note, I honestly dont care if the new XEONS can rip through h264 converts.

    I just want my web output to match my damn Resolve grades 😛

Page 190 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy