Forum Replies Created

Page 187 of 282
  • I have better luck with the hide and find workflow.
    Saves the guess work IMHO.

  • ProRes (as high as possible) if you can.
    That’s what I use with my RED library.
    The keepers stay in RED format since they are generally smaller than a ProRes 4444 4K file.
    But for anything that goes into production, I stay with ProRes.

  • Eric Santiago

    June 28, 2017 at 1:00 pm in reply to: Are slashes “/” in archival date column OK?

    I would avoid using that character or any odd characters.

  • Eric Santiago

    June 27, 2017 at 4:56 pm in reply to: OT – Apple XServe

    Thanks Bob for your input.
    I will take this into consideration.
    Unfortunately, it comes down to the current budget.
    I will check that model asap.
    The purchase went out to tender and I can easily put it on hold.

    Thanks again!

  • Eric Santiago

    June 24, 2017 at 3:17 pm in reply to: DAW Protocols?

    Havent touched R14beta yet but have you checked Prefs?

  • Eric Santiago

    June 23, 2017 at 10:32 pm in reply to: Why no 21:9 iMac Pro?

    I welcome that aspect ratio.
    I’ve been living with Dual Apple 30s for almost 12 years now (a few have died) and would like to move to a single manageable screen.
    The split between the Cinemas is a bit annoying for my workflow (1;1 graphics viewing).
    Now, of course, I would want something above 4K but with the ability to scale the icons/GUI.

  • Eric Santiago

    June 23, 2017 at 3:56 am in reply to: OT – Apple XServe

    Thanks again for all your help.

    We ordered the Synology RS815+ and RX415 loaded with WD Red 6TB drives.

    Can’t wait to work with these 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    June 21, 2017 at 7:03 pm in reply to: 4k or 2k animation for HD project?

    If your film plate is HD then stick with HD.

    I am one of those bozos that like to do everything in high res 4K but for your situation, you are not gaining anything if your footage is all HD.

  • Eric Santiago

    June 19, 2017 at 12:29 am in reply to: BrickSculpting and Classical Conditioning.

    Great stuff Simon/Steve/Franz ☺

    Thanks for that.

  • Eric Santiago

    June 18, 2017 at 5:00 pm in reply to: BrickSculpting and Classical Conditioning.

    First off a simple man asking a simple question.
    Not to derail this topic but I figured to ask here since I feel its the best place to add (and not to start a new topic).
    My question is more “chicken or the egg” as far as editing processes go.
    An argument I’ve had many at times with different colleagues.
    If one is to do a commercial spot (an example), what’re your thoughts if a client picked a music bed first?
    I’ve had arguments on this one where one editor would ignore the music bed all together until the end.
    Of course, I would reply with the music video process where one is to edit to a specific music track provided.
    This topic on my end has come up in so many levels from feature/short films, docs, and tv spots.
    Should an editor be so biased as to how to start a process?
    What if the client is adamant that the music should be the basis of the edits?
    I want to say “to each his/her own” but I also instruct NLE software at local college and would like to have some input from this fabulous forum ☺
    Please go easy on me, I’m asking since it’s been burning in my head for years now.

Page 187 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy