Forum Replies Created

Page 186 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    September 25, 2017 at 4:08 pm in reply to: Exporting a DCP file for Windows

    One thing to remember if you’re sending it out for DCP service is to provide a 24fps and not 23.976.
    I am still researching why this is.
    I will be testing a WraptorDCP from AME soon.
    Check with your local film venues e.g. theatres, film groups, etc… for testing.

  • Eric Santiago

    August 31, 2017 at 12:51 pm in reply to: FCPX and color correction tools

    [Bill Davis] “Even in a “mixed light” shot – AI will be auto-analyzing each pixel and imbuing it with functioning color transforms as metadata “

    Need this now for an upcoming nightmare of a job with multiple cameras 🙂

  • Copy and paste is all I can see with this one.
    Unless its in a text file then maybe a third-party app.
    I just had to do a tv spot with both SD/HD caption version.
    It was easy to copy and paste from within sequence.

  • Eric Santiago

    August 31, 2017 at 12:44 pm in reply to: Maya to After effects nightmare

    Which Maya?
    I just did some in 2014 and 2016 using Arnold.
    No issues.

  • Eric Santiago

    August 29, 2017 at 11:28 am in reply to: .R3D corrupt after several months of working fine?

    Have you tried opening it in REDCINE?
    You can find the problem frame and hopefully render a portion that works.

  • Eric Santiago

    August 23, 2017 at 2:58 pm in reply to: Vectors in after effects

    Steve is right on the vector front.

    Another quick and dirty test is to open the offending EPS/AI file in Illustrator and view as outline to see which is actual vector.
    I’ve inherited files from Corel and Xara that designers claimed are pure vector and found embedded bitmaps in them 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    August 22, 2017 at 1:27 pm in reply to: Contentiously Rasterize problem

    You will need to do a chicken or egg test.
    Basically, you have the order mixed up as far as comp (assuming you have pre-comps).

  • Eric Santiago

    August 22, 2017 at 1:17 pm in reply to: Vectors in after effects

    Did you turn on Rasterize in the comp per layer?

  • Eric Santiago

    August 3, 2017 at 3:53 am in reply to: Only at Apple…

    Great news for starters.

    I’ve been using RED since 2009 (R1) and got my own Scarlet back in 2012.

    I won’t be upgrading.

    I’ll run this baby till one of us drops.

    Great gear and yep I drank the Kool Aid for both Apple and RED 😉

  • I use an old one for my low budget DIT station.

    For the big productions, it lies in a case waiting for its next prey 🙂

Page 186 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy