Forum Replies Created

Page 185 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    October 11, 2017 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Final Cut Pro X 10.34

    From 2011 till today, whenever a strange file/folder shows up in my system due to ingest from FCPX, I just toss it out.
    I rarely use Optimized/Proxies and always use Leave files in place.
    However, some odd formats tend to make FCPX act oddly.
    I was strictly RED eco for years until this year.
    Started getting projects from different cameras.

  • You tried to import and not bring into Media Pool so that it looks in there?
    Also an option for ignoring extension (I do believe).

  • Eric Santiago

    October 11, 2017 at 5:56 pm in reply to: After Effects Settings

    Your image looks pixelated.

    Please check aspect ratio as well as size.

    Did you drag the clip/image on top of the Composition Icon in Project to create an exact formatted Composition?

  • Eric Santiago

    October 11, 2017 at 12:30 pm in reply to: What am I doing wrong?

    [Dave LaRonde] “When AE chokes on me, I prerender individual layers (if possible). That how they did it in Days Of Yore, and it’s still a viable option. “

    To date, I still push the “Days of Yore” mantra on these young uns ☺

    I am not sure where these kids are getting their training, they seem to think its all one button now…well actually it is if you hang at AEScripts 😉

  • [Andrew Kimery] “That exclusive deal didn’t last long.

    https://www.red.com/store/products/red-raven-camera-kit
    “

    As a long time REDUSER, you have to be on your toes with RED DEALS ☺
    I got lucky with the BT (Battle Tested) Scarlets back in 2012.
    Lasted a few weeks (maybe days).
    17 hour used body for almost half the cost 🙂

  • Did you try adding the clips into your Media Pool?

  • Eric Santiago

    October 8, 2017 at 3:40 pm in reply to: 2 Project panels

    This option has been asked for in so many different apps and for me its Avid Media Composer.
    With a dual screen set-up, I welcome having two Project panels in AE.

  • [andy patterson] “keyword collections and favorites were in Adobe’s Bridge long before FCPX was released”

    Yes, it was and I was deep into using that for all media assets back when it first came out.
    However, things went awry with files losing their metadata and things got sour at my post house.
    I did my best to keep users applying the data but after a few failed projects we just gave up on it.

    Now years later I tried it again but we became RED centric and that did not work at all with Adobe Bridge.

    FCPX has been the most helpful at getting metadata attached to all files used.

  • Eric Santiago

    September 29, 2017 at 6:44 pm in reply to: OT: How do you present work-in-progress?

    [Herb Sevush] ” I hire a DP precisely because they know how to get a “pleasing” image in 709, no grading necessary. “

    As a new Colorist (a few years in ) I stood by the DPs work and fought with Directors (who usually wrote and bankrolled the feature) on this matter.
    I held ground when they wanted to do some complete color changes when it didn’t make any sense whatsoever.
    I also avoid the LUTdites 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    September 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm in reply to: Ensure the Red Camera Proxy in Avid Workflow

    I do believe the newer RED systems can do DNxHR/HD.
    I myself live in the legacy R3D world so I stay with that throughout the whole workflow.
    I use Resolve in that chain and have never had issues mixing AMA and proxies.

Page 185 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy