Forum Replies Created

Page 184 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    October 26, 2017 at 1:54 pm in reply to: PC to Mac

    [Shane Ross] “Make sure that the Windows machine has something like MacDrive installed, so it can read the MacOS drive format.”

    Might need the Pro version.
    I had this issue with a full feature edit project, could not open my Thunderbolt 2 RAID on the host CPU.
    I have to wait till they upgrade that system.

  • Eric Santiago

    October 25, 2017 at 2:04 pm in reply to: Making DVD’s on a PC with files from FCPX

    If you can open the ISO on the Mac, just copy the VIDEO_TS folder and burn that on the PC.

    I’ve had great success with that.

  • Eric Santiago

    October 25, 2017 at 1:42 pm in reply to: OT: the ultimate editing machine?

    [Herb Sevush] “An editors dream is a capable director, a smart producer, and a reasonable schedule.”

    Yep more so than great hardware ☺

    I will be editing on a similar workstation for a week.
    That tower is one big piece of anchor weight.

  • [greg janza] “Preferences for NLE’s often can be determined by what NLE you used to learn the craft.”

    Actually, I am very proficient with the interface.

    I was referring to the fact that the windows to date still act up and where it doesn’t save the layout properly.
    I noticed the same issue on the PC side (just recently).

  • Eric Santiago

    October 19, 2017 at 12:36 pm in reply to: OT: Adobe CC 2018

    [Jason Watson] “And while this isn’t related to the 2018 update, battleaxe.co just released an amazing tool called Overlord which creates a two-way connection between After Effects and Illustrator. Extremely useful for working with Illustrator layers (rather than files) inside of Ae. I bought it immediately, and although I’ve only scratched the surface, it’s wonderful. “

    Oh, that sounds interesting.
    Does this mean I don’t have to make layers within AI?
    I could never understand where graphic designers get their training from.
    They just love using one layer 😛

    I wonder if there will be one for InDesign.
    I get a lot of projects from that workflow into AE.

  • [Oliver Peters] “Yes and no. Depends on which market you’re talking about
    “

    From a simple man’s perspective, the user interface is still the one thing that baffles me.

    I came from FCP legacy and got on Avid MC back in 98 and to date, the stupid things it does is still an issue.

  • Eric Santiago

    October 17, 2017 at 4:23 am in reply to: Workflow Advice

    I had great luck with using Resolve to Avid from an FCPXML file.
    But I’ve only done this with RED files.

  • I inherited a problem project due to the AVCHD (a7sii) file structure.
    For the brave ones that don’t convert, I tip my hat to you.
    If I ran into this file format again I would convert to ProRes period.
    Just too many issues with that format.

  • I do digital signage for all the major sports teams in my city and I can tell you After Effects and AME can do anything up to 30K square.
    There are tricky systems that only use AVI so that sometimes is a PITA for odd sizes.
    I use a wide variety of freeware on the internet to do that on the Mac but on PC side I use AME.

  • Eric Santiago

    October 12, 2017 at 2:18 pm in reply to: Media offline after moving MXF files to a new folder

    You can force Avid database to bless them but the structure is important.
    Basically its:

    Avid MediaFiles
    MXF

    The trick is that each folder has to have the “msm…” files intact.
    It forces Avid to create a database for each folder.
    Just copy and paste the two “msm…” files in each .

Page 184 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy