Forum Replies Created

Page 183 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    November 7, 2017 at 1:54 pm in reply to: Black Magic Mini vs Tangent Element?

    There are a ton of reviews on YouTube on the Mini.

    I’ve been researching myself for weeks and the only diff I find from Tangent is that you can use with other apps.
    This would benefit me since I’m in Adobe/Avid/Autodesk/Apple apps daily.

    Some of the reviews gush over the Mini and some say its overkill compared to the Micro.
    This is due to the lack of more controls on the Mini but they compare it to the Advance panel.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 6, 2017 at 5:47 pm in reply to: 2013 nMac Pro with eGPU for FCPX?

    I didn’t know it was possible with the nMP?

    Any test sites on this you can post?

  • Eric Santiago

    November 3, 2017 at 6:18 pm in reply to: 3rd Monitor on a Cheese Grater Mac

    [Trevor Ambrose] “I have a (DeckLink Intensity Pro HDMI HD PCI-e Card) on the back of my computer.

    I tried hooking up a TV with the HDMI port and it gave no signal.

    Maybe it’s too early a version? It’s circa 2009.”

    Check the Desktop Video drivers version.
    Maybe you need to see which work in that combo.

  • I wish there was a way to do this at ingest.
    Im always renaming the “1” folder for managing massive projects.
    I do believe there is still a limitation in number of files in Avid MediFiles folder, something like 5k I think.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 3, 2017 at 1:32 pm in reply to: dell’s new work stations 5820, 7820, 7920

    I wonder if it weighs like a ton.
    I am currently working on an HP Z840 loaded and that thing is a beast.
    Great looking specs on the Dell 7920.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 3, 2017 at 1:26 pm in reply to: How To Blur Background Like This?

    You can try and mimic that using all the blur options and maybe add some colour shits.
    I use a plug-in called Diopter and it does some of that.

  • There is an app called MediaMover for Avid.
    its been years since Ive used it so not sure if it still exists.

  • Eric Santiago

    November 3, 2017 at 1:16 pm in reply to: 3rd Monitor on a Cheese Grater Mac

    For the older Mac Pro I’ve had great luck with the Intensity (for cheap) to BMD Decklink series (not cheap).

    Glad PCI options are still viable 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    November 1, 2017 at 1:15 pm in reply to: FCP X Summit: new features/news

    [Bill Davis] “Reference clips buried within reference clips is a sign to me that an editor doesn’t really understand X very well – and are maybe trying to re-capture “nesting” behaviors they relied on in other software approaches. “

    I ran into this issue with a short edited by the Director/Writer.
    Since it was a short, I had to try and break all the clips apart.
    Resolve wasn’t having a hard time with the CC but I can’t stand working on messy edits.
    I know if I edited I would make sure its all in the Primary and no anomalies.
    Now I wish FCPX had the old legacy jooin/merge clips option.
    I know this can be fixed in Resolve but would like to have it back in FCPX.

  • Eric Santiago

    October 31, 2017 at 11:35 am in reply to: Break apart clips is greyed out

    Missing source file?
    Have you tried copy and paste from CC timeline to Primary?

Page 183 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy