Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › 4k or 2k animation for HD project?

  • 4k or 2k animation for HD project?

    Posted by Hao Wu on June 20, 2017 at 1:20 pm

    Hi all!  I’m editing my new film that’s shot in HD. I need some significant 3D animation that will be a big part of the film. Should I ask the animator to deliver in 4k or 2k even though it would require considerably more render time? In today’s landscape, the only need I see is 2k for DCP. Is it worth the hassle to have graphics animation in 2K and upres the HD verite footage to 2k during DCP? Or should I stick to all HD delivery and upres everything to 2k if DCP is needed?  Also heard rumor that Netflix will require 4k delivery soon. Not sure if that’s true. 

    Thanks!

    Hao

    Eric Santiago replied 9 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Hao Wu

    June 21, 2017 at 12:55 pm

    Hey Dave,

    I’m wondering if I should have animation delivered in 2K and down-res for any distribution that’s HD. If my film goes DCP for theatrical, then I can keep animation in 2k and up-res my HD footage. Does that make sense?

    Thanks,
    Hao

  • Eric Santiago

    June 21, 2017 at 7:03 pm

    If your film plate is HD then stick with HD.

    I am one of those bozos that like to do everything in high res 4K but for your situation, you are not gaining anything if your footage is all HD.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy