Forum Replies Created

Page 174 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    January 9, 2018 at 2:21 pm in reply to: So many ways to color correct…

    [Tero Ahlfors] “Unless something really bad happened in the transcode I actually would prefer Prores or DNxHD/HR files.”

    A lot has happened but I am more proficient with RED RAW files.

    Then, of course, there is the “what if I need the 4K and up version of this movie” problem 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    January 9, 2018 at 12:27 pm in reply to: So many ways to color correct…

    [Duke Sweden] ” I trust Aram K although he normally works with RAW files. “

    On this topic, how do you folks feel about working on a project originally shot on RED but handed down a DNxHD file with no way of getting the RAW footage?

    Currently struggling with one now 🙁

  • Eric Santiago

    January 2, 2018 at 2:16 pm in reply to: Avid Error (assertion failed)

    I run into this one a lot so a MIXDOWN is best at this point.
    Hope that works.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 28, 2017 at 4:25 pm in reply to: anchor point

    Select layer and press “A”.
    Now try and change the properties to see where the anchor point is hiding.
    Then try using the Pan Behind tool “Y” to select it.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 28, 2017 at 4:23 pm in reply to: Phillip Bloom goes to the dark side

    I had to prep a feature on an HP Z840.
    Just hauling that thing around plus add displays and RAIDs was small apartment moving day 😛

  • Eric Santiago

    December 28, 2017 at 3:23 pm in reply to: MacBook pro retina disply 2013

    I have used similar with 4K/5K footage but using RED files.
    Simple assembly and first light in REDCINE.
    It survived a round of Resolve in HD timeline but I have faster workstations 90% of the time.
    If this is your main system, I suggest you go a lot higher in speed.
    I also work in Maya but that I stick with PCs.
    I do use Maya 2018 on my new Mac Pro but for final renders I have to shoot it over to Windows.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 27, 2017 at 8:23 pm in reply to: Is this old build still good for After Effect ?

    Still running 2010 2.93 w. Quadro FX 4800 and 4000.
    I’m fine with CC2017 with a few odd graphics issues when rendering to AME.
    Once the issue comes up, I just crash it and start again.
    I keep CC2015 if I run into any issues.
    I always have two versions of my files.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 24, 2017 at 8:58 am in reply to: Avid Is Unresponsive

    Not the best way but I sometimes reinstall OS or possibly update it.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 22, 2017 at 7:00 pm in reply to: AutoSync WTF!

    FYI

    The feature I prepped for Assembly was a complete mess.
    All thanks to Resolve and Avids awful AUTO SYNC option.
    While some files synced perfect, a good 1500 plus files didn’t.
    Of course, during initial checks, I got suckered into thinking all was good.
    But after going over all the files, things were so badly out of sync I don’t know what Avid MC was doing 😛
    Went back to REDCINE Audio Sync and that seemed to have worked for what I’ve had to redo so far.

  • Eric Santiago

    December 22, 2017 at 4:18 pm in reply to: mk12 “cut in pieces” effect
Page 174 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy