Forum Replies Created

Page 173 of 282
  • Eric Santiago

    January 31, 2018 at 7:56 pm in reply to: AutoSync problem

    I used AutoSync on both PC/Mac for the last few hundred RED files.
    I tried both AMA and Transcoded files with same results.
    Basically, hit and miss.
    I think I got 40% done with no issues.
    But when it fails, it’s horrible.

  • I had the GH4 for a few years.
    It was B cam for my RED and could have easily handled as A cam.
    I am sure the GH5 will be fine.
    We ordered two EVA1 for corporate use.
    Hope to put that to the test soon.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 29, 2018 at 7:31 pm in reply to: Color Grading in Avid: too dark

    Please try and do your first light in REDCINE-X.
    If you can find a decent LOOK in there then bring that back into Avid.
    I find the Color grading tools in Avid kinda of a hit and miss.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 26, 2018 at 8:38 pm in reply to: 24 frame project to 30 frame project

    I’ve had to do this but I rendered it to the original framerate then used Adobe Media Encoder to convert to NTSC.

    Worked fine for me.

    Sorry, I cant answer your original question.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 25, 2018 at 2:38 pm in reply to: iMac Pro thoughts

    [Oliver Peters] “best when we use a proxy workflow.”

    IMHO I enforce this workflow with all RED projects.
    Lugging around features is a pain with RED since you have to hang on to all data.
    Sure you can export to R3D from RCX (trimmed, etc..) but that just adds more work.
    I guess if your working in short form, native format editing would be fun 🙂

  • Eric Santiago

    January 23, 2018 at 3:19 pm in reply to: OT: How relevant is Siggraph these days?

    [Scott Witthaus] “Thanks Walter. Sounds like a trip to Vancouver in the summer.
    “

    Oh cool its back in the west coast (of Canada) ☺

    I haven’t gone since New Orleans 2009.
    Used to be a yearly thing but changed my focus to NAB.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 17, 2018 at 3:22 pm in reply to: DaVinci Color Prep for imported DSLR footage…?

    Trust me we all want the RAW media but what do you do if you don’t have the resources is the question.
    Im on the other end where Im grading a feature with a mix bag of Avid formats 😛
    The client lost all the RED RAW files so Im stuck with files that dont match in Resolve well.
    You would think that if blessed with Avid the many flavors of DNxHD/HR would work.
    What format did they use?
    As long as its not lower than 100 I am sure its fine IMHO.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 15, 2018 at 8:24 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 2018 fixed yet?

    CC 2018 is working fine on the Mac network using Synology NAS RAIDs.

    We converted one nMP for testing and so far so good.

    However, we leave all the major projects on one that works and so far were at CC 2015 on 2 seats and 1 with CC 2017.

    Those are fine too.

    I learned my lessons with Avid as far as updating too quickly.

    Were still two versions behind with MC.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 12, 2018 at 4:01 pm in reply to: Small black stripes on 3 sides of the monitor

    its nothing just aspect ratio.
    you can do an output node with a little overscan.

  • Eric Santiago

    January 11, 2018 at 7:26 pm in reply to: Slow render speed Element 3D

    Which versions are you all dealing with?

    We are finding issues with the Dynamic Link connection with AE and AME CC2017.

    This is on a Mac tube running on Yosimete.

    Might have to update the OS.

    Ever try rendering the old fashion way?

Page 173 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy