Forum Replies Created

Page 1163 of 1228
  • David Roth weiss

    March 13, 2006 at 8:16 pm in reply to: DVD cover

    Eric,

    In fact DVD-Rs can contain DVD Video, its just that you can’t label them that way legally, using the DVD Video logo, which requires a license fee. Replicators pay that fee, we do not, so we are not legally entitled to use the logo. Nonetheless, a TS_Video file burned to a DVD-R that plays on a home player is still a a DVD Video.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 13, 2006 at 6:04 pm in reply to: Mastering Video for DVD Authoring

    Unk,

    I hate to say it, but you’ve been reading way too much. You’re turning your first simple DVD creation into a really big production. Keep in mind, this isn’t your last DVD, its your first.

    Encode your MPEG2 at 16×9 anamorphic. That will create a DVD that will play 16×9 on widescreen TV and 4×3 on SD TVs. Now, make your DVD and then look at on a TV. If you see something you don’t like, and you don’t know how to fix that, then come back and ask.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 12, 2006 at 7:58 pm in reply to: System saving like a tank

    Frank,

    Of course maxing out hard drives makes a huge difference, and there’s no excuse for it these days when excellent 300gb hard drives can be had for just $125. Check out the 300gb Maxline III ATA hard drive at newegg.com and get a few.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 12, 2006 at 6:07 pm in reply to: Problems exporting audio to AIFF – clicks

    Try doing a “mixdown” (one of the render selections) before exporting to see if that helps.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 11, 2006 at 7:42 pm in reply to: Nero, DVD quality loss?

    Todd,

    Check out the demo of this one https://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 11, 2006 at 5:43 pm in reply to: Nero, DVD quality loss?

    Todd,

    Nerovision is a “giveaway” consumer level product for making DVDs from home videos. If you keep fiddling with it long enough you might be able to coax something from it that is acceptable, if you’re lucky. However, since you’re studying animation, you really should get yourself some “real” tools for the job and learn how to use them. There are many excellent products on the market for very little dough, and they come with manuals and online help, with which you can actually learn to make proper DVDs. It will be very useful for you to learn the art of DVD creation.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 11, 2006 at 4:10 pm in reply to: Transcoding avi to mpeg2 using Compressor

    There are many types of AVIs, and its not always possible to kmow what codecs were used to create them. Depending on the power of your MAC, a 75-min encode and burn using Toast may take a few hours, but so too will encoding with Compressor. Rather than trying to learn Compressor, you’re probably better off just going with Toast and hoping for the best.

  • David Roth weiss

    March 10, 2006 at 9:56 pm in reply to: JPG in FCP part2

    Kevin,

    The render times are also not a problem, so I guess I’m just a very lucky boy.

    What can I say, this is sort of one of those Twilight Zone kinda things…

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 10, 2006 at 8:46 pm in reply to: JPG in FCP part2

    Chris,

    Believe me, with all he stuff I keep reading here I’d be inclined to resize the stills before importing into FCP if I were having anything but great results. And, this is something I know a bit about. I know what to look for. For years I used the best rostrum camera facility here in Hollywood until switching over in recent years to a wonderful program the BBC uses (on the PC side) called DigiRostrum.

    So, I’m wondering why all the problems that others have don’t effect me. Is it at all possible that FCP ver. 5 has fixed many of the problems that were in previous versions, and many of you have gotten so used to the workarounds that you’re still using them???

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    March 10, 2006 at 2:26 pm in reply to: JPG in FCP part2

    [Matte] “Scaling graphics in most video post-production will reduce the quality.”

    Matt,

    Please explain something to me. I keep reading numerous posts about problems encountered scaling large stills, however, I have no such issues on my system. What gives???

    I’ve been working on a project since September in which I routinely import, scale and animate client supplied stills that come to me at 2267×3000 pixels at 300dpi. And, the process is completely and totally without issues and other than the ones that have hard verticle or horizontal lines, everything is flawless.

    I use a Blackmagic Extreme card. Could it making a difference? How come this works for me? Inquiring minds want to know…

    DRW

Page 1163 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy