Forum Replies Created

Page 1145 of 1228
  • Yo Bob,

    Yes, I figured that one out too. It means you need a deck worth a least a few thou just to feed a silly $129 DVD recorder. Not sure why a DV video signal from a computer needs to be treated any differently than a DV signal from a camera or VTR??? Kinda silly…

    I’m sending it back…

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    May 21, 2006 at 10:47 pm in reply to: FCP Cross-Grade turn-around time

    I got my discs in three weeks.

    And, don’t sweat the install, it goes very smoothly and seems pretty bulletproof. I cloned my system drive just in case, but it proved unnecessary. There is a new update available now as well, to 5.1.1, that is also just fine without issues.

    DRW

  • Simple answer Jeremy, my BM Extreme has no y/c out, my only component out is in use and I do not wish to switch cables ever, and firewire carries both audio and video in a single cable making it supremely easy. Not to mention, laptops with nothing but firewire could play out to the DVD recorder in realtime too…

    Thats why…

  • Thanks Chris… I’ll check out that model.

  • David Roth weiss

    May 20, 2006 at 5:23 pm in reply to: LCD TV/Monitor for editing

    [Ken Weiss] “Are you both saying that a regular non HD LCD display is better than an HD LCD for my SD work?”

    If you can find a SD LCD TV that will absolutely work better for SD. SD LCDs are getting pretty tough to find now.

    BTW, I doubt we’re really relatives Ken, but if you want to put me in your will or adopt me or something I won’t complain.

    All the best,
    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    May 20, 2006 at 4:27 pm in reply to: LCD TV/Monitor for editing

    BTW, are you a long lost relative of mine??? Where you from?

  • David Roth weiss

    May 20, 2006 at 4:26 pm in reply to: LCD TV/Monitor for editing

    Ken,

    Sounds like you’re working in SD not HD. If so, you’ll be pretty unhappy using a HD LCD TV as a monitor. The Aquos line is especially horrible at displaying SD. Sony does a better job with SD as it does not upconvert the signal to 1080i for display, but still not a great way to make your SD video sparkle.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    May 19, 2006 at 5:29 pm in reply to: Any issues with 5.0.4 projects to 5.1?

    Charlie,

    I’ve got no Xsan here, but I have upgraded to 5.1 and then to 5.1.1 in mid-project without issues. I did clone my system drive before proceeding however, and I’d certainly recommend that for anyone with on-going projects whenever they upgrade.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    May 19, 2006 at 6:46 am in reply to: Anyone using a LiteOn LVW-5005???

    John,

    What about firewire? One of the other guys said burning via firewire didn’t work for him. I’m geting the machine for that alone. Does it work for you?

    Thanx,
    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    May 19, 2006 at 6:38 am in reply to: Sending Clients Raw Video

    You haven’t mentioned what video format he’s giving you to begin with. Are you editing DV or some other format?

Page 1145 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy