Darby Edelen
Forum Replies Created
-
[LGABoarder] “Someone correct me if I’m wrong.”
I believe you are correct =)
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
The Vanishing Point feature in Photoshop allows you to draw flat planes only.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
Also, getting a clean key with a Difference Matte is pretty much impossible without significant tweaking. Video noise and other factors cause ‘differences’ in the pixels. Not to mention the frightening capability of even a ‘locked down’ camera to twist mere fractions of a degree without alerting you =O
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[Macohead] “Also, does anyone know how to make the Particular Plugin make the Organic Lines preset fly straight at the camera in Z Space as opposed to just straight across or up and down the screen? …when you select this preset and do a preview camera animation in the effects box you can rotate the camera and make it do so, I just can’t figure out how to make it happen on the stage…”
Just create a camera layer in the composition, Particular automatically uses the camera information. Make sure that Particular is on a 2D layer, it handles the 3D calculations internally.
Otherwise you could probably alter the direction the emitter is facing, or the motion path if that’s involved, I haven’t looked at the preset.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
Darby Edelen
July 21, 2007 at 2:05 am in reply to: Expression to control opacity of a layer from another comp help?[Michael combs] “This is the error I get:
After Effects Warning: Function comp().effect is undefined. Expression Disabled. Error Occured at line 1. Comp:’property 1′ Layer: 2(‘open house info.psd’) Property: ‘opacity'”You need to tell it what layer in the comp has the effect on it:
comp("Open Houses").layer("My Null Controller").effect...Like that =)
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
Darby Edelen
July 20, 2007 at 10:10 pm in reply to: Adding Photo shop effects to several frames at once?Photoshop CS3 Extended (and maybe the normal version, but I don’t think so) allows you to edit movies/image sequences as a single file. You still have to go forward and back a frame at a time, but it makes things much easier.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
The Physics Time Factor (PTF) under Physics can freeze particles if you set keyframe it to 0, if you want the particles to suddenly freeze then you’ll want to use a hold keyframe of value 1.0 and then put a keyframe with a value of 0.0 when you want it to freeze. You might want to play with the Motion Blur settings when you do this, as you can set them to ignore the PTF, causing the particles to be motion blurred even though they’re not moving, or not.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[beenyweenies] “If the pixels were 350 instead of 32, that would make the sign 20 feet tall which is doubtful even for a prime-time NFL team stadium.”
2′ tall and only using 32 pixels is 1 1/3 ppi (or dpi). Where does the 100 dpi request fit in? That’s what I’m confused about. 32 inches seems like a decent height for it, that’s 2’8″ of screen, but if the pixels translate directly to inches that’s 1 dpi… not 100! It sounds to me like the person requesting the material doesn’t know what they’re talking about =/
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[mark palmos] “I guess simply changing the file extention would not do it right?”
Couldn’t hurt to try =)
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA -
[chris dc] “P = toWorld([x,y,z]); // Object relative position on the z-axis from Cam”
I must admit that I’m not as familiar with the layer space transformation functions as I’d like to be, but this takes the Camera’s X and Y position values and the current layer’s anchor point Z value and transforms them from the current layer’s layer space to world space, right? Is there a reason you don’t use the current layer’s Z position instead? Again, I’m not entirely comfortable with space transformations… but using the anchor point kind of throws me for a loop.
Darby Edelen
DVD Menu Artist
Left Coast Digital
Aptos, CA