Daniel Low
Forum Replies Created
-
Any chance you could post a sample file somewhere like http://www.yousendit.com so I could have a crack at it?
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
Have you tried VLC? http://www.videolan.org
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
Sounds like you’ve used a codec that’s installed with FCP.
Look at the Macintosh HD>Library>Quicktime> folders on both machines to see the differences.
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
It really depends on the job, the client and the quality of the source, but ultimately what sort of quality are YOU prepared to drop to..
2-pass VBR is certainly the way to go.
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
It’s not low at all. I’ve seen major Hollywood titles drop lower than 1.8Mb/s.
FYI, transmission (TV) MPEG-2 is in the region of 2.2-2.7Mb/s at the very best, most often much lower.
It all depends on the quality of your source, the quality of your encoder and your skill.
p.s. Don’t forget the audio – use AC3 rather than PCM to save space
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
I really don’t see the point of libquicktime. (Unless you are one of those people who likes to dabble with things, break things, fix things and do things in your own way, and much respect to you if you are one of those people but in many cases you are out on your own).
For the rest of us Quicktime (the real thing) does the job just fine.
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
For what it’s worth, I’m doing 720×576 wmv (4:3 & 16:9) at around 500 – 600K/s and it’s fine for most content.
Target is PC, source is MPEG-2 50Mb/s I-Frame
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
“I think Telestream feels that Engine will compete with FlipFactory on the Windows side”
Yes, exactly what I was getting at, but Flip is simply too expensive, good as it is. Carbon Server is gaining a lot of ground and being taken on by a wide and serious customer base. Telestream could be a very serious competitor to Rhozet but they can’t hang around.
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
Also make sure the drop down on the export box says ‘Current settings’
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.
-
Ah yes, I forgot it’s now on Windows. I need to do a side-by-side with Carbon Coder.
It’s a shame that Episode Engine is unlikely to be ported over to the PC….or maybe, hopefully, I’m wrong?
__________________________________________________________________
Fonts are like cologne:A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.