Forum Replies Created

Page 965 of 1081
  • Dan Ebberts

    August 17, 2007 at 12:10 am in reply to: newbie having math problems

    You need a capital “M” –> Math.pow()

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 16, 2007 at 6:16 pm in reply to: Shadow Catcher Layer Question

    That recipe doesn’t work against a transparent background. It seems like there was another recipe floating around, but I don’t know if it addressed that problem or not.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 16, 2007 at 5:31 pm in reply to: script selection

    For a script to show up in the menu, you have to put it in the Support Files/Scripts folder. What is it that’s greyed out? I’m not sure what could cause that unless you don’t have the Pro version of 6.5.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 15, 2007 at 5:00 pm in reply to: Simple Opacity Expression ?help?

    This is a little simpler:

    100 – thisComp.layer(“Layer 1”).transform.opacity

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 15, 2007 at 1:00 pm in reply to: Clouds to Starfield

    I think I just fiddled with the multiplier until it looked reasonable with the clouds. The problem is that it isn’t really a spherical mapping, and moving a plane around to simulate the inside of a sphere is just going to be an approximation at best. There may be a multiplier that works better, but I’d be surprised if you could make it work perfectly with a more distict background.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 11, 2007 at 11:40 pm in reply to: Expression for rolling Billiard (Pool) Ball

    I think it can be done, but the only way I can think of to do it will require some pretty hairy 3D rotation matrix math to calculate the angles for rotation around an arbitrary axis. Then you might have to translate the results from AE’s coordinate system to Sphere’s. I think it would be a lot of work.

    Maybe somebody will chime in with a better idea.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 11, 2007 at 8:47 pm in reply to: Expression for rolling Billiard (Pool) Ball

    Top view, or something else?

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 8, 2007 at 1:12 pm in reply to: fx center parented to a layers postion with offset

    OK – I think I get it. Try this (change “binos” to name of your binoculars layer):

    L = thisComp.layer(“binos”);
    fromWorld(L.toWorld(L.anchorPoint))

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 8, 2007 at 3:31 am in reply to: fx center parented to a layers postion with offset

    I’m confused. Doesn’t it do that already, without expressions? I mean, you can move the centers of those effects around on the layer they’re applied to and then they move with the layer. Are you looking for something else?

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    August 7, 2007 at 5:49 pm in reply to: Random number within a range and hold it

    This should do it:

    seedRandom(index,true);
    random(1000,2000);

    Dan

Page 965 of 1081

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy