Forum Replies Created

Page 926 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    August 1, 2008 at 1:46 pm in reply to: Quickbooks or Quicken?

    There’s MYOB which is also cross platform.

    https://www.myob-us.com/
    You’ll even find it for sale in Apple stores.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 1, 2008 at 2:03 am in reply to: EX -1/3 export for transcription

    I’ve been mulling over this too. I can’t say there’s a quick and easy way yet but I do know what I’d like.

    It would be a compression app in which you could string the source clips together and create a “window” time code burn encode.

    You might be thinking of a time code track but only certain codecs support that. In addition it’s very easy to miss a break in the time and that could be very frequent using EX source.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 31, 2008 at 11:11 pm in reply to: XDCAM EX best settings for sports

    For fast moving sports either 720p60 or 1080i60. You want that temporal resolution.
    Avoid auto anything. It’ll hurt more than it’ll help.

    I’d think about auto focus IF and only IF you ran some tests. The auto focus is slow to track which can be good for sports AFTER you lock onto your target. It may track even though objects occasionally move in front of it. Do NOT assume that though. You’d have to test that. Of course an alternative (may be better) is keep your Depth of Field DEEP if you can. It’s hard to give “best” settings. If such existed there’d be no need for skilled, experienced camera people. A lot depends on conditions such as light, distance from subject, relationship of camera to subject, desired effect.

    High shutter speed gives a “staccato” (Saving Private Ryan) motion, may allow for less motion blur if you slow mo in post but you lose light, which you might open the iris to compensate for, which will result in a shallower depth of field which can impact what’s in focus. You have to juggle conflicting needs and find the right balance.

    And the lighting conditions may also impact what gamma settings in the Picture Profile you choose.

    The one think I can say assuredly is you’ll want that temporal resolution (60 snap shoots a second).

  • Craig Seeman

    July 31, 2008 at 4:11 pm in reply to: No full screen picture in Clip Browser

    ClipBrowser 1 or 2?

    I’m not absolutely sure what role Quicktime is playing since the MP4s in the Clip Browser don’t play in Quicktime.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 31, 2008 at 2:46 pm in reply to: My Head Hurts…

    Vimeo’s own specs page suggest a key frame every 30 frames. That’s very frequent but if that’s the conclusion they’ve come to, it’s worth trying that. Since they’re re-compressing your upload to On2VP6 Flash they may have a reason for suggesting that.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 30, 2008 at 8:46 pm in reply to: shoulder mount options

    I’m looking too.

    Vortex, same folks who have the training DVD so many of have bought, also has a shoulder brace for EX1
    https://www.vortexmedia.com/EX1DVD/VSB1.html

    https://www.vortexmedia.com/EX1DVD/VSB1_P2.html

  • Craig Seeman

    July 29, 2008 at 11:32 pm in reply to: Flip4Mac

    On Mac I use both Squeeze and Episode. Episode is “heavy iron” but some find Squeeze learning curve is easier. I’m a “heavy iron” kind of person though.

  • If you read some of the reviews of the consumer HDTV monitors some of them have issues with adding pulldown specifically. A broadcast monitor would be designed to this properly and certainly some/many consumer HDTVs can do this but there are certainly some that do a “botch” job of it.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 29, 2008 at 4:38 pm in reply to: Flip4Mac

    I think you mean Studio Pro HD at $179.

    https://www.flip4mac.com/wmv.htm

    I think it’s the best Mac WMV encoder for the price. The HD version can do WMV HD at very high data rates using 2 Pass VBR. The Pro (non HD) version can do 1 Pass VBR “Quality” passed encoding (just as WME does as on Windows). That can hit very hi data rates too but you can’t target a specific date rate (that’s how 1 Pass VBR works on Windows too) and it doesn’t do HD frame sizes. Studio Pro (non HD) is $99.

    You can use Flip4Mac in Compressor and Squeeze too if you want the processing filter controls. Episode does great WMV too but that’s in a much higher price bracket.

    Some people use VisualHub but it uses the old Windows Media 8 codec so it really can’t touch Flip4Mac for quality vs efficiency but it’s very cheap at $23. I wouldn’t consider it a “Pro” tool by any stretch. It’s a good low budget convenience tool though.

  • If you were shooting at 24fps on CineAlta then the Shutter Off position would likely be 1/24. Normally one would shoot at 1/48. At 1/24 you’d have MORE motion blur.

    I suspect what you’re seeing is some frame rate translation related issue. It’s hard to judge if pan speed is slow enough without actually seeing the video though.

    HDDVD specs are fading from my memory now that Blu-ray won the war but I THINK HD-DVD can handle both 720p24 and 1080p24 natively.

    It may well be your monitor doing a poor job of adding pulldown for 29.97 playback.

Page 926 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy