Forum Replies Created

Page 927 of 1040
  • Odd because Shutter Off would likely increase motion blur depending on your frame of reference. It may depend on what the camera calls “shutter off” but that would mean shutter is at the frame rate. 1/30 for 30fps instead of 1/60 for example.

    “Stroby” as in Saving Private Ryan is due to a very FAST shutter speed which is very much not the case with any camera I know of with Shutter Off.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 29, 2008 at 3:43 pm in reply to: correct output for WMVHD encode

    Part of the issue may be that Quicktime supports DVCPro25 and DVCPro50 AVI but NOT DVCProHD AVI.

    Flip4Mac Studio Pro HD really does do a good job with WMV HD but you have to make sure you’re using the latest release 2.2.0.49.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 29, 2008 at 3:28 am in reply to: mac laptop for ex1 on the road

    XDCAM Transfer Tool. Click on the top one which is version 2.7.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 29, 2008 at 12:56 am in reply to: EX1 firmware update?

    ClipBrowser 2 had CRC checking enabled. It also has Processing Speed or Data Protection options when copying files. Have you checked those settings?

  • Craig Seeman

    July 28, 2008 at 10:23 pm in reply to: From XDCAM EX-1 to what?

    Keep in mind that 720p60 (or 50 in PAL) is also 60 snapshots per second so the temporal resolution is as good as 1080i60 (or 50 in PAL). Actually if you consider 1920×1080 is 540 lines at 1/60 and 1280×720 is 720 lines at 1/60 one might say 720 has more lines more closely together in 1/60. I’ve seen arguments on both sides of this but both have a temporal change occurring every 1/60.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 28, 2008 at 8:36 pm in reply to: Using XDCAM EX 35Mbps HQ footage with Avid

    Generally only a Mac with FCP 6.0.2 and up will play it. That’s why it’s always a good idea to back up the source BPAV folders rather than the MOV files created by XDCAM Transfer tool.

    You could try MPEGStreamclip although since I have FCP on all my system I’m not 100% it’s playing for me in that because I have the codec installed already.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 28, 2008 at 7:39 pm in reply to: Using XDCAM EX 35Mbps HQ footage with Avid

    Not sure if this helps but the new Sony Clip Browser 2 now as an export to “MXF for NLEs” which supposedly will save the source MP4s to a format that works in Avid on Mac.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 28, 2008 at 5:16 pm in reply to: EX1 Clip Browser upgrade?

    ShotPut Express can work on G5 I believe
    https://www.imagineproducts.com/ShotPut_EXpress.html
    I don’t think it has the ClipBrowser Split function (split 16GB for DL-DVD for example) but I might be wrong about that. Otherwise it does the ClipBrowser copy functions from SxS and probably is better for file organization too.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 28, 2008 at 2:15 pm in reply to: Flip Video AVI files with FCP 6

    If you can play them in Quicktime (and FCP?) I’m not sure what’s at issue. You edit and then export to whatever you need it to be for whatever use you intend. If the codec isn’t natively supported in FCP then either you’ll have to render in FCP or convert to something natively supported first. I’m not sure what “better way” you’re looking for. Please explain.

  • Craig Seeman

    July 28, 2008 at 12:00 pm in reply to: Flip Video AVI files with FCP 6

    Can you play the source files in Quicktime?
    If so you might be able to convert them to DV .mov in QuicktimePro.
    You might also attempt that in the free MPEGStreamclip.

    Attempt the above and post back and I can give you next steps if needed.

Page 927 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy