Forum Replies Created

Page 925 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    August 2, 2008 at 6:50 am in reply to: My Head Hurts…

    Vimeo recommends 1800kbps for 640×480 video
    see
    https://www.vimeo.com/help/compression
    and 5000kbps for 1280×720
    Vimeo’s full screen unscaled video looks very good. They’re recompressing to On2VP6 so giving them more bits is a good thing given the additional round of compression.

    I’d almost never recommend 15fps unless one must use it due to some logistical reason and the source is very low motion (talking head interview). To me 15fps looks horrible. In addition at15fps the quality improvement per frame is not as great as you’d think (except in very low motion). The result is that there is greater temporal change between frames and the more movement between frames the greater the change. That’s going to make it “harder” on the codec.

  • People are getting off on a far tangent I think.

    WMV HD and H264 MOV are being read as INTERLACED when they are not. Regardless of source, the resultant file is Progressive as encoded. As far as I know there is NO PSF.

    Gary if you believe a source encoded to another codec such as WMV or H264 MOV and set to deinterlace remains PSF, please show me somewhere how that occurs.

    Especially in one case where the source (maybe PSF?) does show as Progressive in FCP but the encoded WMV HD file shows as Interlace according to FCP.

  • People are getting off on a far tangent.

    WMV HD and H264 MOV are being read as INTERLACED when they are not. Regardless of source, the resultant file is Progressive as encoded. As far as I know there is NO PSF.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 2, 2008 at 12:49 am in reply to: Flip4Mac “unrendered”

    2.2.1.7b – public beta
    right here at versiontracker
    https://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28842

  • Craig Seeman

    August 1, 2008 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Upgrade from Compression Master

    You’re still using Compression Master?!! It’s as worthy as food, air and water. it’s a necessity. It’s like you NEED EPISODE to live!

  • I’ve imported 1080p and 1080i from XDCAM EX HD and DVCProHD and FCP reports the difference correctly from the camera sources I’ve used.

  • [gary adcock] “since it is a progressive segmented frame (in effect – interlace with the same field for upper and lower)
    why would this be Odd. “

    Why would Compressor report it differently though?

    Don’t forget the clips I’m referring to are WMV HD and H264 MOV. They’re not from the camera at that point. I’d think those compressed clips are genuine progressive frames at that point unless you’re saying various compression apps actually make PSF frames. BTW if I input the camera originals they show up as either 1080p or 1080i as recorded (at least from the XDCAM EX and P2 sources I’ve used).

  • The point is, it’s NOT specific to WMV. H264 MOV and FCP shows the exact same issue. The fact that it’s FCP and not Compressor seems to point to an FCP bug. It’s easy for me to reproduce. It happens with every 1080 H264 clip I’ve imported so far (as well as WMV).

  • Craig Seeman

    August 1, 2008 at 2:18 pm in reply to: ex1 and sound devices field recorder

    Another “poor person’s” workaround. Does the 720T generate time of day time code? Set both EX1 and 720T to time of day if so. They may be a few frames off but, unless the runtime or internal generators or off a bit, they could hold sync with a slight offset. Find the offset and you should be set. You may even be able to create Aux time code in your NLE to compensate for the offset. Sync once and you can stop/start at will.

  • Craig Seeman

    August 1, 2008 at 1:50 pm in reply to: Flip4Mac “unrendered”

    To avoid the unrendered results just click on all the render states in the render selections and make sure all states are rendered.

    It looks like this will be fixed in the next release coming soon.

Page 925 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy