Forum Replies Created

Page 159 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    November 24, 2006 at 10:50 pm in reply to: Anyone using Episode Pro MPEG encoder for Mac?

    Nigel,

    Episode Pro is so easy to use, you drag and drop your FCP movie into it, drag a preset or two or three onto it, set a destination and go. If you want to customize each setting, just click on it and change whatever you want, including filters etc.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 24, 2006 at 5:28 pm in reply to: 16:9 graphics from Photoshop CS2

    Because of square pixels.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 22, 2006 at 10:01 pm in reply to: 16:9 graphics from Photoshop CS2

    Jon,

    Graphics for 16×9 that I use are PS files (for the most part) 864×540 square pixels. Always look good.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 21, 2006 at 7:55 pm in reply to: 4 frames playing in one

    If there are crummy edges on the footage why in heck would you not crop it?

  • Chris Poisson

    November 21, 2006 at 6:21 pm in reply to: 4 frames playing in one

    Iticia,

    I believe the size is half, not quarter, that is if you want it to fill the screen. But yes, that’s how it’s done. The clips all get stacked on top of each other.

    Usually, video clips handeled in this way have some slop on the edges, so it’s usually necessary to crop the edges a little or put them under a grid mask of some kind. The former means you need to size them to taste, not by the numbers.

    There is a plugin by CHV that aligns clips in a cube, I suppose you could use that and orient it at the screen without seeing it’s 3Dness, but that’s the only plug I know of that comes close to what you want.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 20, 2006 at 11:48 pm in reply to: Sceptre 22″ monitor

    Yeah, that looks pretty cool!

  • Chris Poisson

    November 20, 2006 at 2:22 pm in reply to: Particular 3Dness

    Okay, yes, a big light going on here, now to make it more complicated. The “layer” I want to interact with the particles works great by selecting it in each particle layer (3) as the obscuration layer, that’s sunk in pretty well.
    But when this piece is done, the “layer” will actually be 3 layers, so can I precompose all of them and use the precomp as the obscuration layer in the final piece?

    The “layer” is a photo of two people, I want each face to fly in from behind another background object as separate cropped head shots, fly into place that matches their position in the whole picture, and then have the masks transition to the whole shot so that the two pics become one. All this I want to happen in front of the flakes.

    Am I on the right track?

  • Chris Poisson

    November 20, 2006 at 4:04 am in reply to: Particular 3Dness

    Todd,

    The snow is coming out of three layers, each has it’s own animated custom emitter.

    Steve,

    I have never heard of what you describe, will look into it.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 15, 2006 at 9:48 pm in reply to: Glowing text in FCP

    Hey Tom,

    FYI vapor across is part of the Eureka! free plugins, and it is a transition not a filter so it does not do what I am looking for. It is very similar to the flash cross transition that is part of set 4.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 15, 2006 at 4:00 pm in reply to: Glowing text in FCP

    Bret,

    Good ideas, I suppose I could do that on Title 3D text as well.

    Thanks also Peter!

Page 159 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy