Forum Replies Created

Page 158 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    November 29, 2006 at 3:53 am in reply to: OT: how to embed a movie into e-mail

    Hmmm,

    But how do you make it so that the file plays? When I attach QT’s to an e-mail, all I see is the QT icon, not the movie. The reciever has to drag the movie onto their desktop to play it, and what I want is to have it play IN the e-mail.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 28, 2006 at 2:38 am in reply to: H264 and mpeg4 curveball

    Hmmm,

    In general, I just use the presets for medium progressive movies, so the size is about 320×240, I guess I’ll run a few more tests.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 27, 2006 at 9:37 pm in reply to: hide face?

    Sorry, I picked up my mouse and it posted the former 3 times!

  • Chris Poisson

    November 27, 2006 at 9:36 pm in reply to: hide face?

    To hide a face either use Joe’s Filters or copy your clip, put it over itself and blur it, use a soft edge matte to crop in on the face. In either case you may have to track the effect if the person moves.

    To zoom on text, use Title 3D and keyframe the scale.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 27, 2006 at 9:36 pm in reply to: hide face?

    To hide a face either use Joe’s Filters or copy your clip, put it over itself and blur it, use a soft edge matte to crop in on the face. In either case you may have to track the effect if the person moves.

    To zoom on text, use Title 3D and keyframe the scale.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 27, 2006 at 9:36 pm in reply to: hide face?

    To hide a face either use Joe’s Filters or copy your clip, put it over itself and blur it, use a soft edge matte to crop in on the face. In either case you may have to track the effect if the person moves.

    To zoom on text, use Title 3D and keyframe the scale.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 27, 2006 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Motion Graphics Compression

    Bret,

    FYI 864×480 is EXACTLY the square pixel size for a graphic in a DV anamorphic sequence. This and everything else can be set this way in DVDSP and play full-screen 16×9 on a widescreen monitor.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 27, 2006 at 7:06 pm in reply to: Audio Filters Help

    Chris,

    I think the descriptions in the manual are adequate, what’s lacking is the utility of most of those filters, they are either very difficult to fine tune or impossible. With a couple of exceptions I find them among the weakest features in FCP. Along with FCP’s text weakness, that and it’s audio filters are probably the main reasons we have LiveType and Soundtrack Pro.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 26, 2006 at 3:02 pm in reply to: 16:9 aspect questions again

    Paul,

    Do yourself a favor and read this:

    https://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/understanding_16_9.html

  • Chris Poisson

    November 25, 2006 at 2:29 pm in reply to: Inserting image into FCP and altering for each frame

    Fenster,

    This is a fairly advanced proceedure, it calls for tracking and cornerpinning at the very least, niether of which are easy to do or commonly done in FCP. and this from someone who loves to try and composite in FCP!

    Although tracking in a real compositing app like After Effects or Combustion etc. would be much better suited for this, I am not sure how you would track a 2D object (your image} to a spinning house, as your tracking point would be gone each time the house spins away from camera. I suppose you could apply tracking data for the whole house move to the image, but it would have to be masked and altered in perspective and visibility with the spinning. In my mind I can see how it could be done, but I also see a LOT of handwork and a great deal of patience to pull it off.

    There is a tracking tool or two you can buy for FCP and also some garbage mattes you can animate, but as big a headache this might be in AE or whatever, in FCP I think it would be more like a brain tumor.

    Hey, if I’m off base here, someone let me know, but I’d love to see the finished product on this, quite a challenge in my mind.

Page 158 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy