Forum Replies Created

Page 160 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    November 15, 2006 at 2:12 pm in reply to: FCP music library

    Fresh Music, Freeplay, are two good ones, also a ton of stuff at Sounddogs including many SFX, but a Google will show you even more.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 14, 2006 at 1:48 am in reply to: Title 3D in 5.1

    Hey David,

    The folder called Boris is in the generator drawdown tab. It is not in with the other text things, it’s up near the top, which is how I missed it, I think.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 12, 2006 at 7:04 pm in reply to: when to downconvert?

    Cadobee,

    A Kona LH card can solve all your problems. Well, at least the one’s you posted here. It can downconvert on capture or on playback, in which case it can downconvert the signal to play on your SD monitor. Suggest you do some snooping around on the AJA forum, or search the archives here for a boatload of info on all this.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 12, 2006 at 2:46 pm in reply to: Title 3D in 5.1

    Well I’ll be, you are right, it made a new folder called Boris, it’s all in there and seems to work, thanks!

  • Chris Poisson

    November 11, 2006 at 11:59 pm in reply to: Widgets

    That’s EXACTLY what I want, thanks.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 11, 2006 at 2:58 pm in reply to: DECKLINK SP

    Francesco,

    Yes, I think Joe is right about that single drive. Good news is there are a TON of very affordable SATA RAIDS right now, you just need an available slot on your machine for whatever card you’d need, but in a pinch, you can get a LaCie Big Disk Extreme 500 gig RAID at the Apple store or Comp USA that will go right into your FireWire 800 bus and will work just fine for a couple of 8bit tracks.

    But on the SATA enclosures, take a look at some of these deals. I got a Firmtek 2 TB 4 drive RAID for less than $1500 including the card and cables. Tough to beat that.

    On the Ref loop, it works, but it’s not the best solution. You can get a little Horita BBG that sends out 6 signals for around $300, well worth it.

    Good luck on your driver search. But one other thing, for an extra 400 bucks you could get a BM Decklink HD Extreme, so you’d be set for any HD job that might come your way. $995 is a screamin’ deal for what you get.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 11, 2006 at 2:34 pm in reply to: Boris Continuum Complete 4 Filters, issues with Intel

    Walter,

    Sorry to hear all that, and here I am wrestling with upgrading the BCC filters just to work in 5.1.2 on a non-Intel G5. It does not seem right that Boris is so far behind with all this, given the expense of the filters in the first place, but to release v.4 to work in 5.1 with a pretty major install bug seems a crime that costs another $300 to boot! Talk about adding insult to injury!

    Hope they get this all straightened out soon.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 10, 2006 at 6:36 pm in reply to: Best encoder for Mac/Final Cut?

    That’s okay Nigel,

    Don’t have any experience with Main Concept, sorry.

    Here’s the link for Episode:

    https://www.telestream.net/products/episode_pro.htm

  • Chris Poisson

    November 10, 2006 at 4:58 pm in reply to: Best encoder for Mac/Final Cut?

    Um, Nigel,

    With the exception of Bitvice, I own all the programs I mentioned and have used them all extensively and against each other. My comments reflect my “hard facts” experience with them. If you want to know more, try them all out yourself.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 10, 2006 at 4:47 pm in reply to: DECKLINK SP

    Good point that I forgot about, a blackburst generator is a very good thing in all this, I didn’t use one with my BM card, I did the jury-rig with the Y cable through the ref loop on my deck, which is a really cheesey workaround. Since I got the AJA card this didn’t work, so a BB generator has been a welcome addition to my setup.

Page 160 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy