Forum Replies Created

Page 147 of 254
  • Jason,

    Check out BTVpro, it’s a really neat little capture app that may do HDV by now, not sure, but it does everything else, including great time-lapse capture.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 10, 2007 at 2:53 pm in reply to: which capture card best for FCP ?

    Walter,

    Well, I’m confused, because I was talking about an HD project too. The Kona downconverts through my Beta deck to any monitor with any connector. There’s a whole thread about this back a month or so ago.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 10, 2007 at 1:07 pm in reply to: which capture card best for FCP ?

    Walter,

    I’m not sure I read your answer to this correctly.

    [Rajarshi] “Can I watch my HD output real time in a HD ready LCD TV with the card?”

    My Kona LH will feed a real-time signal to ANY monitor no matter how its hooked up using Kona’s downconvert feature. True, even on my Sony 14″ SD monitor (which I bought from you) color correction is not perfect, but it’s close. At least I get through my projects, knock on wood.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 9, 2007 at 7:02 pm in reply to: Stacked Layers Solution?

    Brian,

    Essentially what you describe could work, moving the light/gobo. But, what could be problematic is any ambient or local light shifts, even little ones which could happen with moving all the crap and lights you’d have to move. Kinda tricky. You’d have to make sure no outside light can be part of the shot. Also that your grips don’t touch ANYTHING that you see in the shot.

    Personally I think I’d do the logo projection in post, you can corner pin each to match the perspective of each area. Then you could do whatever you want with them.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 8, 2007 at 1:48 am in reply to: DV TO 10 BIT Conversion Useful?

    You’ll see this comment all over here, 10 bit SD is hardly ever more useful that 8 bit, except in a few rare instances. 10 bit is a waste of drive space.

    Yes, you will get better graphics when you render to 8 or 10 bit, why your footage is getting softer could be a scan line problem, 480 going to 486, you want 4 extra lines on the bottom and two on the top. Otherwise it could easily look softer.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 6, 2007 at 10:22 pm in reply to: Variable speed turntable for shooting small products.

    Rennie,

    Freakin’ genius! A little in-line dimmer on an extension cord and now my old Techniques turntable will go as slow as I want! WhoHoo!

  • Chris Poisson

    February 6, 2007 at 2:41 pm in reply to: Variable speed turntable for shooting small products.

    Hi Richard,

    Thanks for the lighting thoughts. I used o do exactly what you describe for print, so I am familiar with all of it. Still have my test setup downstairs, will try that today…

  • Chris Poisson

    February 5, 2007 at 2:17 pm in reply to: Variable speed turntable for shooting small products.

    Thanks for the clarification Matte.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 3, 2007 at 10:21 pm in reply to: Date and time settings

    Okay, that makes sense, except, I just bought one of those batteries at Radio Shack about two months ago, what could be exhausting it so soon?

  • Chris Poisson

    February 2, 2007 at 8:24 pm in reply to: Seam on image maps

    Matt,

    Thanks for the offer, but it’s not a bug. It happens in other programs and plugins as well. I’m seeing the same seam in Kinemac, and in CC Sphere. Jon is right, I need a Photoshop trick or something to fix it.

Page 147 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy