Forum Replies Created

Page 139 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    April 12, 2007 at 1:57 pm in reply to: converting 29.97 to 23.98

    Just an observer here, but is the reason you guys both cut 24 fps material on a 29.97 timeline because you didn’t have a card that could play it through to a regular monitor? Or am I missing something else here?

    Seems like a really dumb workflow otherwise, no offence intended. Just trying to learn…

    OTH, what about using Nattress Standards Converter on the 29.97 timeline?

  • Chris Poisson

    April 12, 2007 at 1:49 pm in reply to: crazy fun monitor question

    Chris,

    If I’m not mistaken, that Westinghhouse can be had for around 800 bucks, or maybe that was the 37″, which you could also look at. BTW I saw one of the big Westinghouse at Best Buy and maybe it was the feed, but it was not that great. Tell you what though, at Costco Home last month they had the Spectre 42″ for $999, and it was as good as any monitor of that size I’ve seen.

  • Chris Poisson

    April 11, 2007 at 1:41 pm in reply to: Final Cut v. AE7 colour correction

    Isn’t it true that FCP and AE work in different color space? I would think that if the delivery is for broadcast, you would want to keep the final correction in FCP which is what I do, but, I have Test Gear in AE (scopes) to at least get everything close, although I rarely do more than subjective color changes in AE.

  • Chris Poisson

    April 11, 2007 at 2:14 am in reply to: Infommercial editing

    Bogie,

    I’m working at their place, and they have everything. Digibeta, SP etc., etc. They are very nice, creative people, relying on my design input but know what they are after. A very nice little situation. This is after day one, so far so good…

  • Chris Poisson

    April 10, 2007 at 4:36 pm in reply to: Infommercial editing

    Hey guys,

    Thanks you all VERY much, exactly what I needed, going in with much more confidence.

    David, yes, I know about the graphics, that was the number one reason I got this job, the tips you gave are great!

    Thanks again!

  • Chris Poisson

    April 6, 2007 at 2:38 am in reply to: 10.4.9 and QT 7.1.5 observation

    Well,

    When I finished the Software Update this morning, my second LCD monitor was gone. The DVI out of that side of the card doesn’t seem to work anymore. It does work with a VGA adapter on it, but just seems weird.

  • Chris Poisson

    April 5, 2007 at 8:40 pm in reply to: 10.4.9 and QT 7.1.5 observation

    Sonofa! Bogie, you never cease to amaze. Thanks!

  • Chris Poisson

    April 5, 2007 at 3:27 pm in reply to: 10.4.9 and QT 7.1.5 observation

    Well alrighty then, guess I’ll take the plunge, I HATE Real Player!

  • Chris Poisson

    April 5, 2007 at 1:14 pm in reply to: Screen grabs of the whold interface for tutorial

    Bret,

    Not entirely correct. PhotoZoomPro does a pretty good job scaling things up. Still, Leopard should be interesting. What will Apple call it when they run out of big cats?

  • Chris Poisson

    April 5, 2007 at 1:10 pm in reply to: another cry for help

    Oh, well, in that case save yourself the trouble and just play your timeline to tape. Print to Tape has always been problematic, useless at my shop…

Page 139 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy